Rapper Roddy Ricch has said he will donate his pay from his performance at Astroworld to the families of the victims who died at the festival.
Posting on his Instagram stories the day after the tragedy he wrote: "Please have the families of those who we lost yesterday reach out.
"I'll be donating my net compensation to the families of this incident #Pray4Houston."
Eight people died and many more were injured in a crowd surge at the festival during a set from Travis Scott.
Houston Fire Chief Sam Peña said the crowd began to push towards the stage at around 9.15 local time on Friday 5 November.
As people began to fall to the ground panic ensued, with festival goers claiming they felt they were 'going to die' in the crush.
Speaking at a press conference yesterday Peña said: "The crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage, and that caused some panic, and it started causing some injuries.
"People began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic."
The show was called off shortly after several people began suffering injuries, and the second and final day of the festival was cancelled.
Officials transported 23 people to the hospital, including 11 who were in cardiac arrest, Peña said.
Around 300 people were treated for injuries such as cuts and bruises at the scene at NRG Park, where a field hospital had been set up.
Scott has since taken to social media to say he is 'devastated' by the tragedy and promised to help the victim's families.
Taking to Instagram stories last night, Scott said: "My fans really mean the world to me and I always want to leave them with a positive experience.
"Anytime I can make out anything that's going on, ya know, I stop the show and you know, help them get the help they need. I could just never imagine the severity of the situation."
He went on: "To the ones that was lost last night, we're working right now to ID the families so we can help assist them through this tough time.
"I'm honestly just devastated... I could never imagine anything like this just happening."
Scott said he's working with the authorities as they launch an investigation into the crowd surge and has urged anyone with any additional information to come forward.
He added: "We've been working closely with everyone to just try to get to the bottom of this. If you have any information please just contact the local authorities."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read