Tyson Fury Says He's Turned Down Offer Of A Free Hair Transplant
Tyson Fury has revealed that he's turned down the offer of a free hair transplant.
In a virtual interview on Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotions' The Lockdown Lowdown, the heavyweight boxing champion opened up about how happy he is being 'the chubby bald guy'.
He said: "Now, I'm so happy with who I am, I'm not embarrassed to take my top off in public, I don't wanna be completely ripped. I'm happy with who I am, I'm happy being the chubby bald guy."
The 31-year-old added that he was 'bald and proud', which he has proven by turning down an offer of a free hair transplant.
He said: "I've actually had an offer from the leading hair transplant people in the world, in London, Harley Street, to give me a full head of hair back, and I've had to politely decline.
"Because you know, I've had that, that's the old me - Tyson Fury used to have masses of curly hair, black moppy stallion hair. And that me's gone, I've overcome that, I'm finished, I'm not 17 anymore, I'm not 21.
More Like This
"I've gone bald because it's in my genes and it's what happens - some men go bald, some don't. But I feel like if I put a full head of hair back on and try and reverse time, I'd never wanna go back in time because I'm happy with where I am, and I just want to keep moving forwards.
"So me and Paris [his wife] have made the joint decision to politely decline about the hair. So yeah, I could have had a full mop of hair but I actually like who I am. This is me, this is Tyson Fury. 'The Gypsy King', the bald-headed guy... You know, I actually have grew [sic] to love it."
He added: "Not all bald men are unhappy."
What a bloody inspiration, I'm sure you'll agree - not just for bald people, but all of us. Though speaking as a guy who went bald at a young age, I could hardly agree more with his message about embracing baldness.
You can watch Fury's full interview here.
The revelation comes after Fury confirmed yesterday (Wednesday) that a long-anticipated undisputed title fight with Anthony Joshua had been agreed for next year, although Fury is contracted to face Deontay Wilder for a third time beforehand and Joshua will first meet mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev.
Featured Image Credit: PA