Nando's Will Shut Down All UK Restaurants Due To Coronavirus
Nando's will temporarily shut down all its restaurants across the UK due to the coronavirus.
In a statement posted to social media, the Portuguese chicken powerhouse said the decision was made to keep everyone safe from the pandemic.
The statement reads: "The health and safety of our customers and team is our highest priority
"We have decided that the best course of action right now is to temporarily shut down our restaurants until further notice.
"We'll keep you updated on our channels. We'll see you soon."
It follows a decision taken by McDonald's, with the fast food giant also closing all its restaurants across the UK and Ireland by 7pm on Monday 23 March.
More Like ThisMore Like This
The chain previously chose to operate a takeaway and drive-thu only service in light of the Government's advice on social distancing, but it has now made the 'difficult decision' to temporarily close its UK outlets.
McDonald's said in a statement: "We have taken the difficult decision to close all McDonald's restaurants in the UK and Ireland by 7pm on Monday 23 March at the latest.
"This is not a decision we are taking lightly, but one made with the well-being and safety of our employees in mind as well as in the best interests of our customers.
"We will work with local community groups to responsibly distribute food and drink from our restaurants in the coming days.
"Thank you to all our brilliant employees for their hard work during this incredibly challenging time.
"We look forward to seeing you all again as soon as it is safe for us to reopen."
On Wednesday last week (18 March), McDonald's closed its seating areas and delayed its McDonald's Monopoly promotion following Government advice about social distancing to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read