In the wake of the coronavirus, many breweries and distilleries were doing their bit to help by manufacturing hand sanitiser.
Australia was experiencing a shortage in some parts and it was hoped that the extra effort from companies would address that shortfall.
However, it seems like there has been a little mishap at one Australian gin distillery.
Nine 700ml bottles from Apollo Bay Distillery in Victoria have accidentally been filled with hand sanitiser and sold to customers as SS Casino Dry Gin.
Instead of beautiful, aromatic gin, the bottles were instead containing glycerol and hydrogen peroxide, which Food Standards Australia says can cause injury or illness if consumed, including nausea, headaches, dizziness, bloating, vomiting, thirst, and diarrhoea.
Sadly, it appears one customer has already become sick.
The person responded to the recall notice on Apollo Bay Distillery's Facebook page, saying: "Had one glass of this at lunchtime and had a really bad headache and felt nauseous about one hour after and had to take nausea tablets and Nurofen.
"Thought I was getting unwell, I had no idea until now. If it doesn't taste right don't drink it! Be careful!"
The distillery has managed to track down four of the bottles, however they're still on the hunt for the other five.
A spokesperson for Apollo Bay Distillery said: "The product recall below relates to nine (9) bottles of SS Casino Gin purchased between Friday 5 June to Sunday 7 June. The bottles were incorrectly labelled and had no seal. We understand they are not toxic.
"Should you have purchased a bottle of SS Casino Gin between Friday 5 June to Sunday 7 June please return it to where you purchased it from for a full refund or replacement.
"If you have any further concerns, please email [email protected] and we will reply to your email."
So, if you've got one of these bad boys sitting in your liquor cabinet then you better get in touch with the distillery.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read