There's Now A Recipe For A Chicken Crimpy Shapes Christmas Tree
We all know that Chicken Crimpy is the superior flavour when it comes to Shapes. Don't fight me it's just a fact.
Because of this fact it definitely would be rude not to combine everyone's favourite savoury bickie into an epic Christmas-themed tower of deliciousness that is bound to have your relatives coming back for more at this year's Chrissy lunch.
The folks over at Taste have come up with a mouthwatering recipe for what they call a 'Cheese and bacon Christmas tree dip'.
This delectable tree features Crimpys shaped into a Christmas tree that can ber used to dip into a gloriously cheesy, bacon-y dip.
For all you haters out there doubting that the almighty Chicken Crimpy could top the list as Australia's favourite Shapes flavour, the decision was confirmed by a poll run by the official Arnott's Shapes Instagram account back in August.
Arnott's pitted Chicken Crimpy against other well-known flavours like Savoury, Cheese and Bacon, Cheddar, Pizza, Aussie Legends, Barbecue and Nacho Cheese.
"Australia, it's up to you. Your all time favourite snacks are going head-to-head over the next few weeks in a battle that will announce the ultimate Shapes flavour of all-time in the #ShapesBracket," the brand's Instagram post said.
More Like ThisMore Like This
Now that we have that settled, let's get into the incredible looking Christmas tree that will make you a legend.
- 400g middle bacon rashers, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 100g box (8 packets) mini Chicken Crimpys
- Maple syrup, to drizzle
- Extra chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Step 1: Using a 6cm star cutter, cut a star from bacon. Finely chop remaining bacon. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon star, turning, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Set aside. Add chopped bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate bacon star and 1/4 of the chopped bacon until required.
- Step 2: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, paprika, onion and garlic powders together until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in grated cheeses, chives and remaining bacon. Mix well. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Step 3: Place a large piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Turn cheese mixture onto plastic. Using clean hands and plastic wrap, form mixture into a tree shape (base of tree will need to be about 15cm in diameter). Place on a serving platter.
- Step 4: Using picture as a guide, push Chicken Crimpys into cheese mixture. Top with bacon star. Drizzle lightly with maple syrup. Sprinkle with reserved chopped bacon and extra chives. Serve.
Get all that? Good, now whip up something special.
Featured Image Credit: Taste
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read