Rita Ora has been forced to apologise for a second time after flouting lockdown rules.
The singer was caught celebrating her 30th birthday with a group of friends at a London restaurant during the national lockdown in England last month.
But according to the Mail on Sunday, it has now been revealed that she travelled to Egypt on 21 November to perform a private concert at the W Hotel in Cairo, where the country's president Abdel Fatah al-Sisi was said to be in attendance.
After reportedly being paid a six-figure sum, Ora then returned to England the next day but failed to quarantine for the 14 days required under government rules.
Instead she attended her own birthday party less than a week later.
In a statement provided to the newspaper, Ora apologised for her actions.
She said: "I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative Covid tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities.
"Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed government advice and isolated myself for the required period. As you know, I didn't follow government advice and... I apologise again, unreservedly.
"While I realise the apologetic words of a pop star might not carry much weight, especially one who has broken the rules like I have, I do realise some might seek to follow my example.
"My message to them is simple: please don't. The guilt and shame I've carried this week for my mistake aren't worth it. Instead, continue to listen to the government advice and the voices of the heroes of the NHS and take the required precautions."
This comes after another apology from Ora earlier this week (Wednesday 2 December), as police were called to Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill on 28 November following reports of a large gathering.
Photos published online showed a number of celebrities going in and out of the venue, including model Cara Delevingne.
Following that incident, Ora took to social media to offer an apology to her fans.
She wrote: "Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday.
"It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK... I'm deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.
"This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility."
She added: "I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe.
"Even though this won't make it right, I want to sincerely apologise."Featured Image Credit: PA