Advert

Latest

4 hours ago
Advert
5 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

8 hours ago
Advert

Man Dies On Flight After Swallowing 246 Bags Of Cocaine

Man Dies On Flight After Swallowing 246 Bags Of Cocaine

A Japanese man has died after swallowing 246 wraps of cocaine.

According to the attorney general's office of the state of Sonora, Mexico, the passenger boarded the flight in Bogotá, Colombia, and was pronounced dead at Hermosillo airport, just a few hours later.

Advert

The 42-year-old, known as 'Udo N', was on an Aeromexico flight to Narita, Japan, when the crew were forced to make an emergency landing after noticing the man was 'suffering convulsions' and needed urgent medical attention.

In a post-mortem, doctors removed hundreds of bags of the class A drug from his intestines and determined that his death was the result of a 'cerebral edema due to a hypertensive crisis'.

The 42-year-old man died during a flight to Japan. Credit: Facebook
The 42-year-old man died during a flight to Japan. Credit: Facebook

A statement from the attorney general's office said: "On a Boeing 787/8 aircraft with license plate N961AM, coming from Mexico City and bound for Narita, Japan, personnel noticed that a person was suffering from seizures, so they requested an emergency landing in the city of Hermosillo, Sonora, and at 02:25 paramedics dealing with the case decreed Udo N without life.

"Hours later, the Attorney General's Office of the State was asked to take charge of the forensic studies to identify the cause of death, locating the 246 plastic wrappers, 2.5 centimetres long by one centimetre wide, located in the intestines and the stomach.

Advert

"The body of the traveller did not present other signs of violence that could cause the death; other studies will be carried out in the Pathology area of the General Hospital of the State to rule out health problems."

Coroners discovered 246 wraps of cocaine inside the passenger. Credit: Facebook
Coroners discovered 246 wraps of cocaine inside the passenger. Credit: Facebook

Following the tragic incident, the rest of the flight's 198 passengers were able to carry on with their journey.

Earlier this month a flight had to be quarantined when a couple died after contracting the bubonic plague.

The 38-year-old man - known as Citizen T - and a 37-year-old woman, reportedly fell ill after eating contaminated marmot in Mongolia.

Cocaine. Credit: PA
Cocaine. Credit: PA

According to The Siberian Times, the man died on 27 April, while the woman passed away three days later.

Novosibirsk resident Elena told NGS: "On the night of 30 April to 1 May, the exit from the city of Ulgii was closed because someone died in hospital that night.

"This plague is spread by local animals - marmots."

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: World News, Interesting, Drugs

Dominic Smithers

Dominic graduated from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History. Like you, Dom has often questioned how much use a second language has been. Well, after stints working at the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express, along with never setting foot in France, he realised the answer is surprisingly little. But I guess, c'est la vie. Contact us at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Politician Cries After Being Told He Only Got Five Votes, Despite Having Nine Family Members

Politician Cries After Being Told He Only Got Five Votes, Despite Having Nine Family Members

7 months ago