Amputee Model From Alton Towers Crash Appears At London Fashion Week
An Alton Towers crash victim who lost her right leg in a horrific roller coaster accident two years ago has made an appearance at London Fashion Week.
Vicky Balch, 22, modelled on the catwalk for Teatum Jones alongside a number of other amputee models yesterday.
Credit: Twitter / Zebedee Management
Miss Balch lost her leg in 2015 when the Smiler ride malfunctioned and smashed into a carriage ahead, leaving her and four others seriously injured.
She told the Sunday People of her injuries earlier in 2017: "In the beginning especially, there were days when I didn't want to be here any more. I'd think, 'What's the point? I'm not going to be able to live my life to the full or love my life ever again'."
Watch a video of her catwalk appearance above.
Can't believe I got to walk for @TEATUMJONES at #LondonFashionWeek @ZebedeeMan #zebedeemanagement #teamzebedee https://t.co/FSTUCBEFbZ
- Vicky Balch (@vickyj_b) 15 September 2017
Balch later tweeted: "Can't believe I got to walk for TEATUMJONES at LondonFashionWeek."
Here's how Twitter responded to her appearance:
Top job :thumbsup:
- Rob (@TheRobAlmighty) 15 September 2017
Fantastic! That's just outstanding!
- George Dukesh (@The_Flaneur16) 16 September 2017
- Gareth Edwards (@GazEds1982) 15 September 2017
Amazing Woman! Xxx :heart:
- Zebedee Management (@ZebedeeMan) 15 September 2017
- Dustin Smiley (@DustinSmiley23) 15 September 2017
Looking amazing :fire:
- paul mcleod (@trigvn55) 16 September 2017
- Jonathan Coupe (@JonathanCoupe2) 16 September 2017
Balch is now signed to Zebedee Management, which represents models and performers with disabilities.
It's great she's overcome such a horrible accident to appear on such a huge stage.
Featured Image Credit: PA