Advert

Latest

Groom Accused Of ‘Wrecking’ Own Wedding After Getting Friend To Propose

Groom Accused Of ‘Wrecking’ Own Wedding After Getting Friend To Propose

published at11 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Biden Has Better Approval Rating Than Trump Ever Had

Biden Has Better Approval Rating Than Trump Ever Had

Joe Biden has a better approval rating than Donald Trump ever had during his presidency, a poll has found.

The Monmouth University Poll found that Biden has a 54 percent approval rating a week into his tenure, with 30 percent disapproving and 16 percent having no opinion.

Similarly, a Hill-HarrisX poll found that Biden had a 63 percent approval rating, with the remaining 37 percent disapproving.

This means Biden has already surpassed the high-point achieved by his predecessor, who never recorded a higher approval rating than 52 percent with either pollster.

Advert
Trump ended his term with his lowest ever approval rating. Credit: PA
Trump ended his term with his lowest ever approval rating. Credit: PA

According to Gallup, Trump's average approval rating was 41 percent, which represents a record low.

On top of this, it reported that Trump ended his term with a personal low of 34 percent, becoming the first president to never notch an approval rating higher than 50 percent since Gallup began collecting data in 1938.

The fact Biden has inherited a divided nation was reflected in the Monmouth University Poll, which found that 90 percent of Democrats approved of his work thus far, compared to only 15 percent of Republicans.

Advert

Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute, said: "Overall, there seems to be more goodwill for Biden than there was for Trump, but it really breaks down along partisan lines.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Joe Biden Tells Donald Trump To 'Shut Up' During US Presidential Debate

"Right now, more people identify as Democrats than Republicans."

Biden has signed a number of executive orders since taking office. Credit: PA
Biden has signed a number of executive orders since taking office. Credit: PA

A reason why Biden has so little approval among Republicans lies in further data collected by the university.

Advert
News

Joe Biden's Approval Rating Is Already Higher Than Donald Trump's Last Four Years

published at3 months ago

It found that while both parties agree on the importance of a number of issues, Republicans were far less likely to consider tackling the coronavirus pandemic, racial inequality and climate change as high priorities.

Murray commented: "One thing that jumps out is the greatest disparity in partisan opinion happens to be on three issues that Biden specifically prioritized in his inaugural address.

"He's unlikely to win over Republicans with his approach in these areas, so the question becomes to what extent he can convince independents of their importance."

Biden has wasted no time in getting to work since his inauguration last Wednesday (20 January), signing a number of executive orders to reverse Trump policies.

Advert


On his first day in the Oval Office, he halted construction on the Mexican border wall, ended the travel ban from some Muslim countries and rejoined the Paris Climate Agreement.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: joe biden, US News, Donald Trump, Politics

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Former CIA Agent Explains How He Made Targets Fall For Him
published at21 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Community

TikTok Video Shows You How To Touch Your Toes Correctly

published at3 days ago

Jake Massey

Jake Massey is a journalist at LADbible. He graduated from Newcastle University, where he learnt a bit about media and a lot about living without heating. After spending a few years in Australia and New Zealand, Jake secured a role at an obscure radio station in Norwich, inadvertently becoming a real-life Alan Partridge in the process. From there, Jake became a reporter at the Eastern Daily Press. Jake enjoys playing football, listening to music and writing about himself in the third person.