| Last updated
Donald Trump is set to launch his own social media platform within the next three months, it has been claimed.
The former US President was kicked off Twitter earlier this year following the attack on the US Capitol.
However, Jason Miller, a spokesperson for Trump's 2020 campaign, has now said the 74-year-old will be back.
He told Fox News: "I do think that we're going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here with his own platform.
"This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media.
"It's going to completely redefine the game, and everybody's going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does, but it will be his own platform."
In a statement on 8 January, Twitter announced that it had suspended Trump's account.
The site said: "After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them - specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter - we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.
"In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.
"Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.
"However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules and cannot use Twitter to incite violence. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement."
However, a month later, Twitter's chief financial officer Ned Segal said the ban would remain in place no matter what.
He told CNBC's Squawk Box: "If you are removed from the platform, you are removed from the platform.
"Whether you are a commentator, you're a CFO, or you are a former or current public official.
"Remember our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence. And if anybody does that we have to remove them from the service. And our policies don't allow people to come back."
And in a thread, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey defended the move, saying he felt it was 'the right decision'.
In a long thread, he said: "I do not celebrate or feel pride in our having to ban @realDonaldTrump from Twitter, or how we got here.
"After a clear warning we'd take this action, we made a decision with the best information we had based on threats to physical safety both on and off Twitter. Was this correct?
"I believe this was the right decision for Twitter. We faced an extraordinary and untenable circumstance, forcing us to focus all of our actions on public safety.
"Offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real, and what drives our policy and enforcement above all."
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read