Advert

Latest

Facebook Logs IPhone Users Out Of App

Facebook Logs IPhone Users Out Of App

published at8 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Girl, 3, Dies After Taking Cocaine Left Out By Her Drug Dealer Father

Girl, 3, Dies After Taking Cocaine Left Out By Her Drug Dealer Father

A three-year-old girl tragically died after ingesting some cocaine left out by her drug dealer dad, a court has heard.

The girl, known only as K for legal reasons, from London, was described as 'a playful, cheeky and loving little girl with all of her life to live' by the judge.

The Sun reports that K collapsed after being admitted to hospital with suspected sepsis or meningitis.

It was heard that she suffered a heart attack as a result of taking the Class A substance and passed away.

Advert

But it was only after a post mortem was carried out that doctors discovered she had ingested cocaine.

The child ingested cocaine left out by her father. Credit: PA
The child ingested cocaine left out by her father. Credit: PA

The mother and father blamed one another for the death and their other four children were taken from them by social services, it was heard.

High Court judge Mr Justice Williams stated during the hearing that the father brought the drugs to the mother's house and that they were connected with 'his drug-related activities'.

Advert

He said: "It seems most probable that the cocaine that K ingested was present in the mother's home as a result of father having brought it onto the premises and having processed it in some way in an area which the children would have access to.

"Precisely where in the house and all the circumstances in which K came to ingest it, I do not consider that it can be determined.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Drug Dealer Caught Flushing £8,000 Of Crack Cocaine Down Toilet

"However, my conclusion that it was the father's drug which was carelessly left in the mother's home and there ingested by K is where responsibility ultimately lies."

The judge also condemned the mother, a drug user herself, for allowing this to happen.

Advert

He added: "The mother was well aware of the father bringing cocaine into her home and it being processed there.

K was taken to hospital but sadly died. Credit: PA
K was taken to hospital but sadly died. Credit: PA
News

Drug Dealer, 18, Jailed After Selling Cocaine 'At Cheapest Price' On Snapchat

published at10 days ago

"It seems most probable that she turned a blind eye or persuaded herself that sufficient precautions were being taken to protect the children. This was to kid herself."

Adding: "If ever there was a lesson of the perils of drug misuse, this provides it. I have little doubt that adults, young people and children will continue to die from the deliberate and inadvertent ingestion of illicit drugs.

Advert

"The complacency that accompanies frequent misuse is perhaps one of the biggest problems.

"Whether this family is able to learn from this tragedy remains to be seen. I hope they and others do."

The Metropolitan Police arrested six people at the time of the toddler's death but all were released. Investigations are still ongoing.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: UK News, Drugs, Health

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Government Announces New £800 Fine For Those Who Attend House Parties
published at2 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

A Million More People Watched Joe Biden's Inauguration Than Donald Trump's

published at15 hours ago

Dominic Smithers

Dominic graduated from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History. Like you, Dom has often questioned how much use a second language has been. Well, after stints working at the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express, along with never setting foot in France, he realised the answer is surprisingly little. But I guess, c'est la vie. Contact us at [email protected]