Advert

​Groom-To-Be Dies On Stag Do In Magaluf After Drugs Binge

Published 
| Last updated 

​Groom-To-Be Dies On Stag Do In Magaluf After Drugs Binge

A groom-to-be has died on his stag do in Magaluf after taking a huge amount of cocaine.

Shaun Ennis, 31, was found sweating profusely and had turned blue before he collapsed at his hotel room at 6am on 10th June last year.

It was the first night of his holiday in the notorious party town.

An inquest carried out into Mr Ennis' death found 'high' levels of cocaine in his system, which caused his heart to fail.

Advert

Mr Ennis, from Buxton, Derbyshire, was in Magaluf with a large group of family and pals, but he died hours after arriving.

The stag stayed out partying when the rest of the group returned to the hotel but arrived back at 6am complaining of shortness of breath.

Shaun Ennis
Shaun Ennis

Credit: Facebook

Advert

He will now never get to marry the 'love of his life', Kiri Robinson, despite the life-saving efforts of his dad, Brian, friend, Michael Heathcote, and Spanish paramedics.

They all fought to save the groom-to-be, but he died at the scene, the Buxton Advertiser reports.

Pathologist Deirdre McKenna said Shaun died from the effects of cocaine on his heart that was the immediate cause of death.

Shaun Ennis
Shaun Ennis
Advert

Credit: Facebook

Coroner Dr Robert Hunter said the ability to establish what happened to Shaun on the night had been difficult due to the lack of co-operation shown to UK police by other members of the stag party.

Recording a verdict of misadventure, he said: "I don't think people fully appreciate the dangers that cocaine can pose to the heart.

"It is part of our culture and society nowadays and it is unfortunate that as a result of that Shaun died.

Advert

"It is doubly unfortunate for his family that he did so on his stag do."

Following his death, dad Brian spoke of how painter and decorator Shaun had been due to marry his fiancée, Kiri.

He said: "It was our first night. We only got there around midnight and went out straight away.

"There were 18 of us and everyone was really excited and looking forward to three days away.

Advert

"It was in the early hours, around 6am, Shaun knocked on his future brother-in-law's room and said he didn't feel well. He went onto the balcony and started convulsing.

"Mikey called me in and I tried to save him, tried to give him the kiss of life, the paramedics tried too but it was too late."

The couple's families raised more than £20,000 through a crowdfunding campaign to cover the cost of a funeral and bringing Shaun's body home.

Featured Image Credit: Facebook

Topics: Drugs

Mark McGowan
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Insulate Britain Protesters Attacked With Ink After Blocking Main Road

a day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Pack Of Cigarettes Going Up In Price From 6pm Tonight

18 hours ago