Magaluf Ecstasy Warning As Woman, 19, Dies After Taking Pill 'Laced With Rat Poison'
Tourists have been warned about a batch of rogue ecstasy pills being sold on the holiday island of Majorca after the death of a 19-year-old woman.
The family of Milagros Alanis Moyano's - who went by her middle name - have claimed that the pills were laced with rat poison before she tragically took them at a music festival in Palma last Sunday.
The Argentinian, who emigrated to Majorca seven months ago with her twin sister Lourdes, died in a Barcelona hospital on Wednesday.
Her heartbroken dad Paulo posted a picture of one of the skull-printed yellow tablets on social media and said in an emotional message: "I would love to know who sold my little girl this poison so I could put a bullet in his head.
"She sent us a video of her dancing on Instagram before she was rushed to hospital and that is the last footage I have of her alive.
"She left for the concert looking beautiful, she showed us pictures on WhatsApp and we told her to enjoy herself but to stay safe.
"Sons of b**ches took her from me and killed her like a do. It's really hard to say this but when I was with her I had to look at one of her tattoos to recognise her because she didn't look like the same girl. My beautiful Alanis, just 19."
More Like ThisMore Like This
He added in a new post today (Sunday): "Those who took my daughter's life will never sleep again.
"It will be their destiny that I discover they died like rats. I will see them fall. Bye my love. I love you."
Alanis, originally from the Atlantic coast city of Mar de Plata, was rushed to hospital after attending a music event in Son Fusteret where Italian DJ Marco Carola performed.
A member of an Ibiza-run expat residents group, echoing Paulo's warnings about the rogue ecstasy, said: "Some pills are doing the rounds in Palma that have rat's poison in them.
"A girl aged 19 has died from taking one after agonising for two days. It was a small, yellow pill with a skull on the front. People need to be aware they cannot consume any old s**t.
"Enjoy yourself safely. Rest in peace little one. And strength and love for you parents. A friend who was at the concert sent me a picture of the pill as she was present when it happened. Luckily she didn't take one."
Alanis' brother Lautaro told Majorcan daily Ultima Hora: "It was madness what she did and she wasn't an habitual drug user. What happened was that she had begun to make friends who were taking her down the wrong path.
"My sister loved hockey and was a good swimmer. We don't think she bought the ecstasy pill inside the concert. It was pill with a skull on it."
Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Alanis Moyano