Advert

Latest

Man Who Had Nose And Top Lip Removed To Look Like A 'Black Alien' Struggles To Speak

Man Who Had Nose And Top Lip Removed To Look Like A 'Black Alien' Struggles To Speak

published at2 hours ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Man Found Dead After Suspected Electric Shock From Using Headphones Connected To Charging Phone

Man Found Dead After Suspected Electric Shock From Using Headphones Connected To Charging Phone

A man in Thailand was found dead after a suspected electric shock, having used headphones connected to his mobile phone while it was charging.

The body of Supakhet Saraboon, 35, was found in his bedroom in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, central Thailand, on Monday night.

Sprawled across his bed, he had headphones in his ears that connected to a smartphone. This was also plugged into an extension cable attached to the mains.

Credit: Viral Press
Credit: Viral Press
Advert

It is believed that Saraboon had been at football training that night, before returning home.

Surawat Sukpanya, his close neighbour, said his friend loved sports, and would usually play football with a local team every evening.

Sukpanya, 36, realised something was wrong when Saraboon didn't answer any of his texts.

He and another neighbour ended up having to break into Saraboon's house, which was when they made the grim discovery.

Advert

Sukpanya explained: "We had not heard from him for more than three days, which was unusual.

"His ex-girlfriend then texted me to visit him, so I went to his house and found no one.

"Another neighbour and I decided to break into his house, then we found him dead."

Supakhet Saraboon. Credit: Viral Press
Supakhet Saraboon. Credit: Viral Press
Advert

After finding the body, Sukpanya contacted the emergency services, who arrived and checked the scene before taking the body away.

At the time, rescue workers suspected Sarabeen had been electrocuted after listening to headphones connected to his charging smartphone.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Flash Player Is Officially Dead With Content Being Blocked From Today

They later sent his body to the hospital for a post-mortem examination, where his cause of death was confirmed.

Confirming the victim had been found dead, Police Colonel Surapong Thammapitak, the Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya police chief, said: "There are no suspects involved with the death, so we believe it is an accident caused by the phone.

Advert

"People need to be careful when they are using headphones and charging their phone at the same time."

Credit: Viral Press
Credit: Viral Press
News

Debris Suspected To Belong To Missing Boeing 737-500 Found

published at16 days ago

Saraboon's death follows countless similar fatalities in the country, including that of factory worker Kritsada Supol, 24.

Supol had laid down on his mattress in Chonburi, Thailand, with his phone plugged into an extension power point using a cheap charging cable.

Advert

It is believed that he had been listening to music or talking to someone as the mic section of the earphones was resting over his lips.

The property owner visited the room on Sunday 3 February and found Kritsada's body on the mattress with signs of burning around his ears.

The phone was plugged into a charging point with a cheap charger. Credit: Viral Press
The phone was plugged into a charging point with a cheap charger. Credit: Viral Press

Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said police believed Kritsada was fatally electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time.

The captain said: "We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music."

Blaming a poor quality charger for the death, Captain Polthong added: "Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company.

"It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death."

Featured Image Credit: Viral Press

Topics: World News, News, Thailand, Technology

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Britain's Got Talent Set To Be Postponed Until 2022
published at4 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Doctors Issue Warning Following Viral Video Of Man Using Erection Cream For Fuller Lips

published at2 hours ago

Jess Hardiman

Jess is a journalist at LADbible who graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics - indecisiveness at its finest, right there. She also works for FOODbible and its sister page Seitanists, which are both a safe haven for her to channel a love for homemade pasta, fennel and everything else in between. You can contact Jess at [email protected]