A man managed to put out a fire using some cans of Bud Light.
As his family packed up and got ready to leave, Chad decided he would stay and attempt to protect his home from the blaze.
Talking to KCRA, he said: "It was crazy. Everybody's on propane tanks. It was like a war zone. Boom. Boom.
Chad and his family have already lost one home to fire, five years ago; a rebuild on their home is set to finish this year and Chad was adamant he wasn't going to another fire set them back.
He said: "This happens, and I'm like, 'No, I can't. I can't let it go'."
The home has hoses all around the outside, leading Chad to think they would be covered in the case of a fire; however, the water was turned off.
So, quick-thinking Chad grabbed a rake to try and pull the dead, dry grass away, but it wasn't enough to stop the fire advancing.
He told the news outlet: "I was putting out fires all the way around here, stopping it from going toward the house. Meanwhile, all the cars were on fire."
All of his cars ended up completely burnt out, and Chad watched on in horror as his workshop started to go up.
"It was burning on the wood down low, and I didn't have any water," he explained.
"I had one barrel with a little bit of water in it, and I tried using that. It didn't work."
He then got his hands on the only other liquid available to him - a crate of Bud Light.
Chad said: "When I ripped up the sheet metal, it had a nail, so I was just shaking it up, popping it just and spraying them, popping it out and grabbing another one.
"My buddies all tease me about drinking water beer, and I say, 'Hey, saved my shop.'" Can't argue with you there, mate.
Chad said firefighters arrived on the scene shortly after he managed to extinguish the flames with his beers.Featured Image Credit: KCRA