Mum Shares Confronting Picture Of 11-Year-Old Son After He Smoked Spice
People around the UK have been told time and time again to avoid the synthetic weed known as Spice as it can seriously mess with your head.
But it seems as though those warnings have been falling on deaf ears as people are still buying it and seeing just how deadly it can be.
A mum has shared a shocking picture of her 11-year-old son recovering in hospital after smoking the synthetic cannabis.
Logan John-Evans thought he was puffing on a cigarette, according to reports, but it wasn't until the morning that he suffered the effects of the drug.
The youngster was unable to walk or talk and doctors placed him in a high dependency unit for 33 hours to help him get rid of the Spice.
Ms John-Evans said: "He was like a zombie. A monster had taken over his body and he had so much strength it was unreal.
More Like This
"It took five people to hold him still and he was still managing to headbutt, kick, bite and growl.
"It was scary because he couldn't speak and there was nothing in him. There was no response to his eyes or the light in his pupils, the only way you could describe it was like a zombie because nothing was making sense."
She adds that her son's friends added the Spice into the rolled cigarette as a joke - which made the whole experience even more difficult for Jade as she can't work out why anyone would try and spike a ciggie with the harmful drug.
Jade is hoping Logan's experience will put people off wanting to try it in the future.
According to Drug Abuse, Spice is a mix of herbs that are laced with chemicals that try to replicate the feelings associated with weed. Ironically, they're often sold in packets that say 'Not Fit For Human Consumption'.
Some users report extreme anxiety, paranoia, nausea, confusion, violent behaviour, suicidal thoughts and hallucinations on some types of Spice. Withdrawals are also pretty horrendous, with people saying they have headaches, cramps, vomiting and sweating.
Last year, Manchester police were called to nearly 60 separate incidents in one weekend that were in some way related to Spice. The drug has spread through England's north west so rapidly because it's so cheap - with half a gram costing £5, according to the Guardian.
Researchers have found between 90 and 95 percent of Manchester's homeless are using the harmful substance.
Just don't try it - it's not worth the risk.
Featured Image Credit: Wales News Service/DEA