Paul Chuckle Reveals He Has Been Suffering From Coronavirus
The comedian Paul Chuckle has revealed that he has been suffering from coronavirus.
The 72-year-old - who is best known for being part of The Chuckle Brothers with his late brother Barry - said his symptoms were 'mild' but that it was 'not nice'.
In a video shared on Twitter yesterday (Monday), the entertainer - whose real name is Paul Elliott - said: "Hi guys, just checking in to let you know I'm still around.
"I have been laid up with Covid-19 for a good few days, just mild, but it was there and it's not nice, I promise you, so please, please stay inside.
"We're all going stir-crazy, we know that, but please stay inside and take the pressure off the NHS, Marie Curie, etc, etc.
"Please, please, stay in guys and enjoy as best you can."
Chuckle was inundated with messages from friends and fans wishing him a speedy recovery in the wake of the announcement.
Paddy McGuinness commented: "Stay well pal. Good to see you."
More Like This
While actor Will Mellor said: "Glad [you're] getting better mate!! Take care."
Chuckle added in a subsequent tweet that it was his first day out of bed for a week but he was feeling 'a bit better'. He also revealed that his wife had previously had to check on his breathing in the middle of the night.
He said: "Sue nearly scared me to death hovering over me at 2am in the dark APPARENTLY checking I was still breathing because she was so worried but today I don't feel quite so bad."
It was announced yesterday that Prince Charles has recovered from coronavirus and has come out of self isolation.
A spokesperson said: "Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation."
The announcement came almost a week after the 71-year-old revealed he had tested positive for Covid-19. It was also confirmed that Prince Charles had last seen the Queen on 12 March and that she was in 'good health'.
A statement read: "In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.
"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
It's okay to not panic. LADbible and UNILAD's aim with our Coronavirus campaign, Cutting Through, is to provide our community with facts and stories from the people who are either qualified to comment or have experienced first-hand the situation we're facing. For more information from the World Health Organisation on Coronavirus, click here.
Featured Image Credit: PA