Advert

Latest

2 hours ago
Advert
3 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

4 days ago
Advert

Teenager Rushed To Hospital After Getting Genitals Caught In Belt Sander

Teenager Rushed To Hospital After Getting Genitals Caught In Belt Sander

A young man was rushed to the hospital after getting his genitals trapped in a belt sander.

The teenager - believed to be 18 years old - was on a work site in work site in Mosman, on Sydney's north shore, when the shocking incident happened last Friday.

Advert

According to reports, it's not yet known how the tradesman got caught in the device, however, he managed to get his trousers and genitals stuck in the machine.

Two ambulances, as well as fire and rescue crews, raced to the scene. However, due to the severity of his injuries, paramedics had to get him into a stable condition before taking him to the hospital where the device was carefully removed.

The teenager was rushed to hospital after getting his genitals stuck in a belt sander. Credit: 7 News
The teenager was rushed to hospital after getting his genitals stuck in a belt sander. Credit: 7 News

A spokesperson for the New South Wales Ambulance service told the Mail Online that the man had suffered suspected tears in his genitals.

It's now understood that SafeWork NSW has launched an investigation investigating the incident. It's not known if there will be any lasting damage.

Advert

A hospital spokesperson said the man had now been discharged.

He was later discharged from hospital. Credit: 7 News
He was later discharged from hospital. Credit: 7 News

Last month, a man had to be rushed to hospital after he got his hand caught in a machine.

William Mortimer was using a rolling machine at his manufacturing job when another worker cranked up an angle grinder about eight feet away from him.

In seconds, tiny bits of metal flew into Will's face, which left him disorientated and distracted enough to not realise where he was putting his hand.

The 61-year-old's hand was pulled into the rolling machine, causing a terrifying injury.

"I was horrified when I realised that my hand had entered the machine and just went into total shock," Will said.

"Since my injury, I needed help with so many things. I couldn't wash the left side of my body or my hair.

"I couldn't make a can of soup for myself, but spill it all down me when I am trying to open it.

William Mortimer was at work when he got his hand caught in a rolling machine. Credit: SWNS
William Mortimer was at work when he got his hand caught in a rolling machine. Credit: SWNS

"I've been very reliant on my family for support with Maggie having to do a huge amount around the home and others having to drive me to regular appointments and hand therapy.

"I am in constant pain, as well as psychological issues like flashbacks and nightmares.

"I have now been left with reduced strength and grip in my hand which has an impaction on my overall function.

"Washing and dressing remain an issue as does kitchen tasks and participating in my previous hobby of golf and driving."

Featured Image Credit: 7 News

Topics: News, World News, Australia

Dominic Smithers

Dominic graduated from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History. Like you, Dom has often questioned how much use a second language has been. Well, after stints working at the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express, along with never setting foot in France, he realised the answer is surprisingly little. But I guess, c'est la vie. Contact us at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Haunted Woods That Leave People Crying And 'Wanting To Kill'

Haunted Woods That Leave People Crying And 'Wanting To Kill'

16 days ago