YouTuber Myka Stauffer Has 'Rehomed' Her Adopted Son With Autism
published at17 minutes ago

Most Popular


Teenager With Dairy Allergy Dies After Eating A Kebab

Teenager With Dairy Allergy Dies After Eating A Kebab

A teenager died after eating a kebab containing yoghurt, an inquest has heard.

Chloe Gilbert, 15, from Seend, Wiltshire, had a severe dairy allergy. She suffered a fatal reaction and collapsed in Southgate shopping centre in Bath, on 5 March.


Avon Coroner's Court heard how a member of the public administered an EpiPen to Chloe, who was in anaphylactic shock, before paramedics arrived.

An air ambulance took Chloe to the Royal United hospital in Bath, Somerset, however the schoolgirl was pronounced dead at 3.35pm.

The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.

An inquest heard that Chloe was diagnosed with a milk allergy from an early age. She carried an EpiPen, as well as inhalers for asthma, as a precaution against a reaction.

On the day of her death she met a friend on a bus travelling from Melksham to Bath.


They stopped at the shopping centre for lunch and went to a kebab shop.

Chloe ordered a kebab with lettuce, chips and BBQ sauce, but quickly began unwell and made herself vomit.

But her condition deteriorated and a passer-by administered EpiPen to her before emergency services arrived.

Her parents went to the hospital, where they were informed by a police officer that she had passed away.

Coroner Dr Peter Harrowing concluded that she had died accidentally.

He said: "This is a very tragic case with someone so young who had such a severe allergy.

More Like This

1 of 6
Man Dies 'In Agony' Days After Eating A Gecko

Man Dies 'In Agony' Days After Eating A Gecko

"This was an accidental exposure to dairy products to which Chloe was severely and seriously allergic and therefore her death is an accidental death."

Speaking after the inquest, Chloe's parents thanked the emergency services and members of the public who tried to help.

They said: "Our dear Chloe, a true angel, is loved and so dearly missed by us, her brother, all her friends and family."

Chloe's parents also paid tribute to their daughter.

"Thank you to all the services that tried to help Chloe that tragic day," they said.

"Also the shop workers nearby, the members of the public and Chloe's friend who did everything she could.

"Our dear Chloe, a true angel, is loved and so dearly missed by us, her brother, all her friends and family.

"We take this opportunity to mention a couple of charities for the benefit of other anaphylaxis sufferers: Allergy UK and Anaphylaxis Campaign."

In a statement issued after Chloe's death, Melksham Oak community school paid tribute to Chloe and praised her 'lust for life'.

"Chloe had a great sense of humour and was beautiful inside and out," the school said.

"She had time for people and genuinely tried to look after those around her.

"Chloe was also creative, she drew fantastic pictures, as if the colour and warmth she had inside needed to radiate outwards.

"There has not been a single person, teacher or student that has had anything but the most positive of things to say about this young woman.

"This just goes to show what an impact she had on those that met her."

Source: BBC

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Death, kebab

James Dawson

James Dawson is a Journalist at LADbible. He has contributed articles to LADbible’s ‘Knowing Me, Knowing EU’ series on the EU referendum, the 'Electoral Dysfunction' series on the 2017 general election, the ‘U OK M8?’ series tackling mental health amongst young men, and for its ‘Climate Change’ initiative in partnership with National Geographic.