Advert

Latest

Owner Pays Tribute As 'World's Oldest Cat' Dies Aged 31
published atin an hour
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

​TikTok User Gets Harmonica Stuck In Her Mouth And Has To Seek Medical Help

​TikTok User Gets Harmonica Stuck In Her Mouth And Has To Seek Medical Help

A woman has found viral fame on TikTok for what is truly the most unlikely thing you could imagine, having ended up seeking medical help after getting an entire harmonica stuck inside her mouth.

Advert

Yep, a harmonica - the hand-held instrument also known as a mouth organ, more often associated with blues, country and folk music than being wedged into people's mouths.

TikTok user Mollie O'Brien, a high school student from Ontario, Canada, uploaded a series of short videos revealing just what had happened.

The clips played along to 'I Just Did a Bad Thing' by Bill Wurtz, with the lyrics overlaid onto the video, which said: "I just did a bad thing / I regret the thing I did / And you're wondering what that is."

Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien
Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien

It was then that Mollie deviated from the lyrics and, moving her hand to reveal a whole harmonica inside her gob, wrote: "Well, I shoved an entire harmonica in my mouth and it's stuck now."

Advert
Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien
Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien

The video has since been liked 1.7 million times and received 19,400 comments.

One user commented: "I've been laughing at this for an extended period of time."

Another said: "THE HEAVY HARMONICA BREATHING!"

More Like This

1 of 6
TikTok User Goes Viral After Using Shoulder Blades To Clap And Break Eggs Open
News

TikTok User Goes Viral After Using Shoulder Blades To Clap And Break Eggs Open

A third added: "Hahahahaha imagine trying to talk to the doctors and all comes out is the sound of the harmonica."

Speaking to BuzzFeed, Mollie revealed that she'd been trying to entertain her little cousin when the harmonica became lodged inside her mouth.

She told the website: "Every time I breathed heavily out of panic, it made a noise."

Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien
Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien

And she really, really, really couldn't get it out.

"After 30 minutes it hurt, but then it was kinda numb," she explained.

"Honestly, it's nature's wonder on how that went in."

Mollie worried about what her mother would say, but after approaching her with the, er, unusual predicament she found her mum wasn't mad, but 'was shocked she raised such a weird kid'.

Putting the confusion to one side for a moment, Mollie's mum took her to the hospital.

From here she was referred to a dentist, who managed to use a special mechanism to hold her mouth open so that he could remove the musical instrument.

While no long-lasting damage was done, the dentist did warn Mollie to 'not do this again' - which I'm sure she won't, given the slightly mortifying lesson she's learnt.

Featured Image Credit: TikTok/@mollieobrien

Topics: Viral, World News, News, Canada, tiktok

Jess Hardiman

Jess is a journalist at LADbible who graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics - indecisiveness at its finest, right there. She also works for FOODbible and its sister page Seitanists, which are both a safe haven for her to channel a love for homemade pasta, fennel and everything else in between. You can contact Jess at [email protected]