Advert

Latest

​Eddie Redmayne's American Accent In New Netflix Film Takes People By Surprise
published atin 40 minutes
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Toddler Almost Blinded After Dad's Lawnmower Fires Screw Into His Eyeball

Toddler Almost Blinded After Dad's Lawnmower Fires Screw Into His Eyeball

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SOME SERIOUSLY GRAPHIC CONTENT

A young boy from Thailand was almost blinded after a lawnmower picked up a screw and chucked it out into his eye, piercing his eyeball.

The toddler was rushed off to hospital, where doctors were able to miraculously save his sight.

The incident occurred whilst the young boy's father was using a handheld cutter to trim down their lawn in Khon Kaen, Thailand.

Advert

The lawnmower chewed up and spat out the screw across the garden, and - in a remarkable piece of bad luck - hit the youngster right in his face.

Mercifully, the screw just missed his pupil, when had it been any further to the right it would have left him blind in his left eye.

Credit: Viral Press
Credit: Viral Press

His dad was using the shoulder-slung petrol mower on Monday when the accident happened. A one-inch long screw was hiding amongst the grass, and ended up in the blades of the machine, which promptly fired it across the garden and into his son's eye.

Advert

The boy was quickly rushed off to hospital in agony, and medics later discovered that the screw had remarkably avoided hitting his retina or cornea, meaning that the boy's sight could be saved.

The medical staff took pictures - the aforementioned graphic content - showing exactly the extent to which the screw had become lodged in his eyeball.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Professionals Called Into House That Was 'One Giant Bin'
News

Professionals Called Into House That Was 'One Giant Bin'

They also took an X-ray that revealed how far into his head the piece of metal had gone, nearly reaching the bone of his skull.

Credit: Viral Press
Credit: Viral Press
Advert

The doctors successfully operated on his eye to remove the screw, and he's now receiving treatment on the eye care ward.

His ophthalmologist, Tat Sanguansak, remains confident that the wound will heal and that the boy will see again.

He said: "Fortunately, the screw struck his eyeball but did not go into the lens, which thankfully has spared his sight.

"However, due to the accident his eye bled badly and now is still bloodshot so there will be follow up treatment to help the boy see again."

Advert
Credit: Viral Press
Credit: Viral Press

''We're pleased with the outcome of the surgery. If the screw had been slightly to the left he would have been blinded.''

As you can see, they're not joking. It's right in there. The whole thing has been a massively unfortunate episode, but hopefully it will have a decent conclusion and the boy will retain his sight.

Featured Image Credit: Viral Press

Topics: World News, Asia, Weird, Health

Tom Wood

Tom Wood is a LADbible journalist and Twin Peaks enthusiast. Despite having a career in football cut short by a chronic lack of talent, he managed to obtain degrees from both the University of London and Salford. According to his French teacher, at the weekends he mostly likes to play football and go to the park with his brother. Contact Tom on [email protected]