• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert

Travis Scott Says He's Working To Help Families Of People Who Died At Astroworld

Published 
| Last updated 

Travis Scott Says He's Working To Help Families Of People Who Died At Astroworld

Travis Scott has said he is 'devastated' after eight people died during his set at Astroworld Festival on Friday, while vowing to 'assist' the families of the victims.

Scott took to his Instagram stories last night to say: "My fans really mean the world to me and I always want to leave them with a positive experience.

"Anytime I can make out anything that's going on, ya know, I stop the show and you know, help them get the help they need. I could just never imagine the severity of the situation."

Advert

A crowd surge at the festival, which took place in Houston in Texas, left eight dead and many more injured.

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Pena said 23 people were taken to the hospital, including 11 who were in cardiac arrest.

Around 300 people were treated for injuries such as cuts and bruises at the scene at NRG Park, where a field hospital had been set up.

Credit: Alamy
Credit: Alamy
Advert

Scott's Instagram story continued: "To the ones that was lost last night, we're working right now to ID the families so we can help assist them through this tough time.

"I'm honestly just devastated... I could never imagine anything like this just happening."

Scott said he's working with the authorities as they launch an investigation into the crowd surge and has urged anyone with any additional information to come forward.

He added: "We've been working closely with everyone to just try to get to the bottom of this. If you have any information please just contact the local authorities."

Advert

He ended the video by promising to keep his fans informed of what was going on before adding: "Everyone just continue to keep your prayers."

Scott's latest statement comes after he posted on Twitter to say the Houston Police Department had his 'full support' while investigating the 'tragic loss of life'.

The musician wrote in a statement on Twitter: "I'm absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.

Advert

"Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into this tragic loss of life.

"I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support families in need.

"Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support."

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said during a press conference yesterday that at least one person was stuck with a needle during the chaos.

Advert

Finner said: "One of the narratives was that some individual was injecting other people with drugs. We do have a report of a security officer, according to the medical staff that was out and treated him last night.

"He was reaching over to restrain or grab a citizen and he felt a prick in his neck.

"He went unconscious, they administered Narcan. He was revived, and medical staff did notice a prick similar to a prick you would get if somebody was trying to inject."

It's unclear what the drug was, but Narcan is used to help people who have overdosed on opioids such as heroin.

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: US News

Claire Reid
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Airline To Install World-First Bunk Bed In Economy For Long-Haul Flights

3 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Celebrity Juice Axed After 14 Years On Air

2 hours ago