Advert

Latest

​Hero Who Saved A Dog From A Hot Car With Axe Says He’d Do It Again
published at40 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Woman Who Thought She Had Water In Her Ear Horrified To Find It Was A Spider

Woman Who Thought She Had Water In Her Ear Horrified To Find It Was A Spider

A woman who thought she had water in her ear was left horrified when she discovered it was actually a spider. I think I speak for all of us when I say 'NOPE'.

Susie Torres, from Kansas City, said she initially thought the odd sensation in her ear was due to water, but when it didn't go away, she decided to pay a trip to a doctor to find out what was going on.

It was then she learnt that something weird was going on with her ear.

Susie Torres thought she had water in her ear, but it turned out to be a lot creepier. Credit: 41 Action News
Susie Torres thought she had water in her ear, but it turned out to be a lot creepier. Credit: 41 Action News
Advert

Speaking to 41 Action News, Torres said: "She [the medical assistant] ran out and said, 'I'm going to get a couple more people.'

"She then said, 'I think you have an insect in there.'" Cue the horror movie music.

However, Torres is made of sterner stuff than I, because she told the news outlet she wasn't particularly panicked at that point, despite not knowing what type of creepy crawly had made itself at home inside her skull.

"She came back in," Torres said, "and told me it was a spider. They had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out."

Advert

Is anyone else really, really impressed with how nails this woman is right now?

More Like This

1 of 6
Woman Horrified To Find Burglars Had Left Poo On Her Carpet
News

Woman Horrified To Find Burglars Had Left Poo On Her Carpet

The brave woman was then given even more horrifying news - the spider that had been inside her was actually a highly venomous brown recluse spider.

According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, if you're unlucky enough to get a brown recluse spider bite, you can end up with muscle pain, headaches, itching, nausea or a fever - not ideal.

Thankfully, the venomous spider didn't bite Susie. Credit: 41 Action News
Thankfully, the venomous spider didn't bite Susie. Credit: 41 Action News
Advert

The Centre also suggests that if anyone is bitten by one of the spiders, they should go and see a medical professional for treatment as soon as possible.

Thankfully, after doctors looked Torres over, they found that it hadn't bit her - meaning her ear must have made quite a nice place for it to chill.

"I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body," Torres added. Me neither, mate, but now I'm absolutely petrified.

Torres says she doesn't know where the spider came from or how it came to be inside her ear, but as a result of her lucky escape, she would be taking no chances in future.

Advert

She said: "I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs.

"I'm pretty terrified of spiders."

Featured Image Credit: 41 Action News

Topics: Spiders, US News

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]