| Last updated
There was a time when Manchester United were within a working fax machine of losing David de Gea. Never has a group of fans that weren't Real Madrid supporters hated that piece of technology more than Arsenal fans tonight.
I have never understood why football clubs are still using fax machines, that piece of technology has been dead for about 10 years and fans of Manchester United were grateful in the summer of 2015 when their machine did die.
A late fax cost Real Madrid the chance to sign David de Gea on transfer deadline day after a summer of pursuing the former Atletico Madrid number one. Since then De Gea has just become better and better.
For two seasons under Louis van Gaal he was the Red Devils' player of the year and whilst they have improved to the point they don't need him to be that good anymore, he still can be.
On Saturday evening against Arsenal he produced one hell of a performance that handed three points to United in a pulsating win over Arsenal and left Gunners fans fuming, but United supporters were loving it:
Dave saves. Images: BT Sport and PA Images
David de Gea tonight...#MUFC #ARSMUN pic.twitter.com/RA7v4akm7w
- Match of the Day (@BBCMOTD) December 2, 2017
Naaaa. Stop it De Gea. JUST STOP IT. BEST IN THE WORLD. #Mufc pic.twitter.com/2iQEFvDgFz
- United Xtra (@utdxtra) December 2, 2017
De Gea could have saved Mugabe
- Soldier:arrow_right_hook: (@PatohShanqueels) December 2, 2017
De gea could have saved jack on that boat.
- Tolulope Ogunmefun (@dontjealousme) December 2, 2017
Some of the saves De Gea makes should be illegal. He's easily the best goalkeeper in the Premier League.
- Mootaz Chehade (@MHChehade) December 2, 2017
Marvel confirm they're adding De Gea to the Avengers. #ARSMUN
- David Schneider (@davidschneider) December 2, 2017
David De Gea is not from this planet
- COPA90 (@COPA90) December 2, 2017
DAVID DE GEA IS THE BEST GOALKEEPER IN THE WORLD AND IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE.
- Oluwacloutinho (@Nigerianscamsss) December 2, 2017
You run out of words to describe De Gea's shot stopping. He's one of the most agile goalkeepers I've ever seen
- James Ducker (@TelegraphDucker) December 2, 2017
Where would they be without De Gea? That stupid fax machine!!!
- Danny Welbeck (@WelBeast) December 2, 2017
Where would United be without David de Gea?
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read