Conor McGregor Is In Custody In New York After Bus Incident
Conor McGregor has turned himself in to the police in Brooklyn, New York after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
The MMA fighter known as 'The Notorious' was one of a group of men wanted by the police after an incident yesterday in which a bus carrying UFC fighters was vandalised.
He arrived at the police station at 9am local time (4am BST) on Thursday morning. He will go before a judge this morning, according to the New York Police Department.
Two men were injured after Conor and a group of other men allegedly attacked a bus carrying UFC staff back to their hotel.
Fellow fighter Michael Chiesa and another UFC employee were injured in the attack.
Recently, UFC president Dana White had stripped McGregor of his UFC Lightweight Division belt ahead of a fight at UFC 223, which will take place this Saturday in Brooklyn.
At the press conference for the fight night, White said: "When this fight is over one of these guys will be the (lightweight) champion, period."
This appears to have angered McGregor, who tweeted: "You's'll strip me of nothing you's do nothing c***s."
However, a more likely cause for McGregor's anger relates to an incident involving his friend and UFC fighter Artem Lobov who got into an altercation with another fighter, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
After the alleged attack on the bus - in which White suggested as many as 30 men could have been involved - the longstanding UFC president said: "They got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on the buses and attacked them, throwing trash cans, dollies, things like that."
He continued: "[The attackers] Broke one of the windows, cut Michael Chiesa real bad, cut his hand, cut his face.
"Rose Namajunas apparently was almost hit. She's super upset right now and basically left and walked back to the hotel.
"And one of our employees - broke one of our employee's knuckles.
"Other injuries, and obviously everybody's shaken up when 30 thugs storm a (bus). This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company."
In recent weeks it had been rumoured that McGregor could be about to return to the octagon to defend his titles, although those plans now seem to have been well and truly shelved.
White continued: "This is the type of bad decision you make that turns a lot of people against you.
"As you can imagine he's going to be sued beyond belief. This was a real bad career move for him."
Featured Image Credit: PA