Advert

Latest

Legal Challenge Launched To Disbar Rudy Giuliani Because Of 'Fraud' And 'Deceit'
published atan hour ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Wipeout Contestant Dies After Completing Assault Course

Wipeout Contestant Dies After Completing Assault Course

A Wipeout contestant has died after completing the assault course.

The man, who has not been named, is said to have suffered from a cardiac arrest following his attempt.

According to reports, the man was on the show's Sable Ranch set in Canyon Country, California, when he had the heart attack but was not on the course.

A medic with the production team offered assistance until the paramedics arrived. However, after being rushed to hospital, the man sadly passed away.

Advert

Production on the US reboot of the game show was paused on Thursday and Friday following the incident ahead of a week's break for Thanksgiving. It's understood that filming will recommence at some point after the break.

A contestant died after completing the obstacle course. Credit: ABC
A contestant died after completing the obstacle course. Credit: ABC

Speaking to the New York Post, a spokesperson for the TBS network sent their condolences to the contestant's family.

They said: "We are devastated to have learned of his passing, and our deepest sympathy goes out to the family."

Advert

A spokesperson for Endemol Shine North America added: "We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family, and our thoughts are with them at this time."

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Paddy McGuinness Shows Damage To £250,000 Lamborghini After Crash

Contestants on the show undergo a medical examination before taking part, and the production has on-site medics and doctors, as well as a safety producer.

Entertainment

Paddy McGuinness Has Lost Half A Stone After Joking He Couldn't See His Penis

published at4 months ago

Wipeout originally aired in the US between 2008 and 2014, and was produced by ABC.

Its long-awaited return is set to air later this year and will be presented by former WWE wrestler turned Hollywood actor John Cena, comedian Nicole Byer, and model and presenter Camille Kostek.

Advert

Earlier this year, it was announced that the UK's version of the show, Total Wipeout, would be returning to our screens, but this time it would be hosted by comedian Paddy McGuinness and former England cricket captain Freddie Flintoff.

Freddie and Paddy will be hosting the return of Total Wipeout. Credit: BBC
Freddie and Paddy will be hosting the return of Total Wipeout. Credit: BBC

After an eight-year absence, the show is being brought back - there won't be any new episodes, but the duo will provide commentary on episodes that aired between 2009 and 2012.

Richard Hammond and Amanda Byram were the original hosts of the show, however they bowed out after 2012.

Advert

The show featured 20 contestants every week, who had to make their way through the daring obstacle course with the fastest claiming the £10,000 prize.

Featured Image Credit: BBC

Topics: BBC, US News, Paddy McGuinness, Freddie Flintoff, california

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Line Of Duty Season Six Wraps Up Shooting
published at9 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Qantas CEO Says Coronavirus Vaccine Will Be Necessary To Fly

published at16 hours ago

Dominic Smithers

Dominic graduated from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History. Like you, Dom has often questioned how much use a second language has been. Well, after stints working at the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express, along with never setting foot in France, he realised the answer is surprisingly little. But I guess, c'est la vie. Contact us at [email protected]