Advert

Latest

Donald Trump Slams 'Idiot' Top Public Health Expert Dr Anthony Fauci
published atin 38 minutes
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Homeowners Stunned After Realising 'Broken Plug Socket' Is Actually A Safe

Homeowners Stunned After Realising 'Broken Plug Socket' Is Actually A Safe

A couple were left stunned when they found out their 'faulty' plug socket was actually a safe.

Darren Steels and his partner couldn't work out why their double socket hadn't worked since they moved into their Nottingham home in July 2017.

The 45-year-old said that whenever they tried to plug their hoover into the socket, which is in the kitchen near the stairs, it just wouldn't work.

Advert

In the end, they decided to call out an electrician to find out once and for all what was wrong with their port.

After inspecting the socket, the electrician told the couple that he couldn't find a current coming through, so he pulled it out only to find that it was, in fact, a safe which had been built into their wall.

Darren said: "We tried to plug things into it. It's perfectly placed for vacuuming the stairs, instead of having the cord running across the kitchen floor. People have just painted around it."

Darren was shocked to find his faulty plug socket was actually a safe. Credit: BPM Media
Darren was shocked to find his faulty plug socket was actually a safe. Credit: BPM Media
Advert

He added: "I was just fed up with it. We had an electrician come round to do some other bits and bobs and I asked him to have a look at it."

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Couple Stunned After Seeing Wallaby Casually Hopping Down UK Street

In order to open the safe, a key is supposed to slot into the three plug holes, revealing the loot, but it was unlocked, allowing Darren to see what was inside.

Sadly, however, there were no £50 notes or crown jewels hiding in the walls of his house, just a bit of dust, some fluff and a dead spider.

Darren posted a video to his Twitter account showing the genius piece of kit, with the caption: "So... after living in this house two years, finally got an electrician round to look at the plug that didn't work... it's only a bloody safe."

Advert

Since the clip was posted it has been watched more than 60,000 times, with plenty of people commenting, including one person who said they also had a suspicious socket in their home.

But there was nothing inside but a bit of fluff and dust. Credit: BPM Media
But there was nothing inside but a bit of fluff and dust. Credit: BPM Media

One Twitter user wrote: "I have a socket that doesn't work....absolutely checking it later!!"

Another commented: "That's both hilarious and sort of James Bond."

Advert

A third wrote: "I remember seeing those in the Argos catalogues in the 90s. Always wanted one."

Darren has said he is keeping the safe, but won't be using it to store any of his valuables. Probably a wise move.

Featured Image Credit: BPM Media

Topics: Viral, uk news, Funny, Interesting, Nottingham, Weird

Dominic Smithers

Dominic graduated from the University of Leeds with a degree in French and History. Like you, Dom has often questioned how much use a second language has been. Well, after stints working at the Manchester Evening News, the Accrington Observer and the Macclesfield Express, along with never setting foot in France, he realised the answer is surprisingly little. But I guess, c'est la vie. Contact us at [email protected]