Mum-Of-Two Disgusted By Poo Floating Towards Her Children At Waterpark
Most people probably wouldn't have water parks down as the most hygienic of places. There's the endless opportunity for verrucas, the fact some people probably don't shower before getting in, and then there's the very real potential for kids to have 'little accidents'.
But mum-of-two Hayley Clews had to cut short her family's trip to Dimensions water park after she found actual poo in the water.
Get ready to be put off for life, because to her horror, she noticed 'chunks of poo' floating towards her and her kids while she was in the jet area.
She grabbed her two children, Cayden, 9 and Kaiser, 6, and got them straight into the showers, before raising the alarm to staff.
Despite having to cut short her visit, and obviously have the trauma of nearly being covered in human faeces, she says she's not been offered a refund from management.
Hayley, from Stoke, said: "I saw something floating towards Kaiser - and I thought it looked a bit like poo! Then wherever I looked there was more - big chunks, little chunks - it was absolutely everywhere!
"I grabbed the kids as quickly as I could and put them straight in the showers. I told one man to make sure he showered his daughter and when she turned around her back was covered in poo!"
Hayley says she later raised the issue at reception.
More Like This
She added: "I was told that because I didn't tell a lifeguard straight away, I couldn't get a refund. I used to go once a month, but I am never going again.
"People of all ages use the facility, including babies and elderly people. You really don't know what you're swimming in."
The attraction, in Burslem, is run by Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
A council spokesperson said: "We're sorry that Hayley had to cut short her recent visit to the leisure centre. She first reported a problem to the receptionist around 30 minutes after leaving the pool, and straight away a member of staff went to speak to the lifeguards and checked the water, however, nothing had been seen or reported at that time.
"A little while later when the pool had quietened down, one of the lifeguards spotted some small pieces of debris on the pool floor, so we took the decision to close the pool.
"These were removed from the pool, and the chlorine levels were increased and the pool's filters backwashed before it reopened to the public the following day.
"We have emailed Hayley to offer her two complimentary family swim tickets and hope to see her and her family again soon."
Somehow I doubt she'll be taking them up on the offer.
Featured Image Credit: Stoke Sentinel
Topics: uk news