Advert

Latest

Barack And Michelle Obama Have Been Voted The Most Admired Man And Woman
published atin an hour
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Mum Whose Little Girl Was Left Scarred For Life By Firework Calls For Ban On Public Sale

Mum Whose Little Girl Was Left Scarred For Life By Firework Calls For Ban On Public Sale

A mum is warning parents about the dangers of fireworks after her little girl was left with horrific injuries when one exploded in her face.

Stephanie Roe, 33, shared heart-breaking images of her little girl's injuries ahead of Bonfire Night to urge other parents to be careful around fireworks.

Her daughter Maisie, now seven, was left with severe burns and will be scarred for life after she was hit with a firework in 2016.

Advert
Maisie Roe was hit with a rocket in 2016. Credit: SWNS
Maisie Roe was hit with a rocket in 2016. Credit: SWNS

Stephanie, a police officer from Combe Martin in Devon, was hosting a fireworks display at her home, when a rocket she'd bought from a local shop flew off sideways, instead of upwards, and got caught in Maisie's scarf before exploding leaving the little girl with shocking injuries.

The mum hopes in future the sale of fireworks will be restricted and has praised supermarket Sainsbury's decision to ban them this year, saying: "Fireworks are explosives and can be extremely dangerous and I still don't believe they should be readily available to the general public.

"I would urge everyone to go to an organised display. Needless to say we are thrilled at Sainsbury's decision to remove them from general sale and more should follow their example."

Advert

Maisie was rushed to hospital, before being transferred to Bristol Hospital, where she was treated for the severe burns.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Five-Year-Old Girl Left Scarred For Life After Stranger's Dog Attacked Her
News

Five-Year-Old Girl Left Scarred For Life After Stranger's Dog Attacked Her

The little girl's mum says her daughter has made an 'amazing recovery' following the incident. Credit: SWNS
The little girl's mum says her daughter has made an 'amazing recovery' following the incident. Credit: SWNS

Her family have been told that some of her 'full thickness burns' will most likely require skin grafts.

Advert

Stephanie is urging others to attend proper displays, rather than put on their own, adding: "There are amazing professional displays all over the country, please consider going to one of those as opposed to fireworks in the garden this year.

"As a mother who had to watch her tiny child endure so much pain and who's little body is scarred for life, I can hand on heart say it is never worth the risk."

In spire of her permanent scarring, Stephanie says Maisie is making an 'amazing' recovery and that she doesn't 'have a care in the world'.

Advert
Maisie's family are urging people to attend professional displays, rather than buying fireworks. Credit: SWNS
Maisie's family are urging people to attend professional displays, rather than buying fireworks. Credit: SWNS

She said: "We are amazed by how much love has been shown to our little girl.

"She continues to improve day by day and is most certainly back to the gorgeous firecracker she was before in every way short of physically."

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: uk news, Fireworks, Bonfire Night

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]