Advert

Prince Charles Responds To Questions Over Queen's Health

Published 
| Last updated 

Prince Charles Responds To Questions Over Queen's Health

Prince Charles has responded to questions about the Queen's health. Watch below:

Loading…

Over recent weeks, the British monarch has stepped back from some of her royal duties on the advice of her doctor.

Last weekend, she missed the Remembrance Sunday service in London after reportedly injuring her back.

Advert

However, her son and heir to the throne, Prince Charles, has said she is doing well but admitted that things aren't quite 'as easy' as they used to be.

He told Sky News: "She's alright thank you very much.

"Once you get to 95, it's not quite as easy as it used to be. It's bad enough at 73."

Advert

Prince Charles stepped in last weekend after it was announced that his mother had injured herself.

Credit: Alamy
Credit: Alamy

She was due to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph in London alongside the country's senior politicians including Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer.

A statement from Buckingham Palace said it was with 'great regret' that the Queen had to take the decision and that Prince Charles would take her place.

Advert

It read: "The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today's Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph.

"Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service.

"As in previous years, a wreath will be laid on Her Majesty's behalf by the Prince of Wales.

Credit: Alamy
Credit: Alamy
Advert

"His Royal Highness, along with the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra will be present at the Cenotaph today as planned."

The Palace also reportedly said that her sprained back had nothing to do with previous medical advice the Queen received recently to rest.

Last month, Buckingham Palace announced the Queen was advised by her medical team to rest for a coupled of weeks and that she was only to undertake 'desk-based duties'.

The development came after she underwent tests in hospital and had to cancel her two-day trip to Northern Ireland.

Advert

In a statement at the time, Buckingham Palace said the Queen had the 'firm intention' of attending the Remembrance Sunday service.

Credit: Alamy
Credit: Alamy

It read: "Following on from their recent advice that the Queen should rest for a few days, Her Majesty's doctors have advised that she should continue to rest for at least the next two weeks.

"The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits.

"Her Majesty regrets that this means she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, November 13.

"However, it remains The Queen's firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on November 14."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Prince Charles, Doctor, Queen Elizabeth II, The Queen, Royal Family, Health

Dominic Smithers
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Comedian Joe Lycett Claims Government Fell For ‘Leaked Sue Gray Report’

2 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Muslim Man 'Left Vomiting For Days' After Accidentally Eating Burger King Meal 'Loaded With Bacon'

3 days ago