| Last updated
Prime Minister Theresa May has announced the UK's terror threat level has been reduced from 'critical' to 'severe'.
This changes means an attack is no longer 'imminently expected' but is still 'highly likely'.
Operation Temperer, which sees members of the military deployed at key locations, will continue until Monday night - after which the soldiers will be told to stand down.
May added that the country should still remain vigilant.
The threat was raised to critical on Tuesday, following the horrendous attack at Manchester Arena on Monday night, where 22 people were killed by suicide bomber Salman Abedi.
Metropolitan Police chief Mark Rowley announced the terror cell behind Abedi's attack had been 'smashed' and urged people to enjoy the bank holiday weekend.
He said: "Enjoy yourselves. We can't let the terrorists win by dissuading us from going about our normal business.
"There will be extra officers on duty, and that will include hundreds of armed officers. Extra firearms officers have been out on streets because we have backfilled guarding posts at key places with military personnel. Their presence at these sites will continue throughout the weekend."
Officers have reviewed security at over 1.300 events this weekend, including music gigs and sporting events. Armed police were also placed on trains throughout the country.
Rowley added that police had caught a 'large part of the network' who had supported Abedi.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read