Advert

Tradesman Left In Agony After Eating 'World's Hottest Peanuts'

Published 
| Last updated 

Tradesman Left In Agony After Eating 'World's Hottest Peanuts'

A confident tradesman who thought he would be able to wolf down a packet of the 'world's hottest peanuts', ended up regretting his misplaced bravado.

Loading…

Scott Slater, from Leeds, was filmed by his co-workers attempting the challenge while on site in the middle of a busy road.

Holding the packet of nuts in his hand, the cocky 38-year-old says he will knock them back 'no problem' and that he 'doesn't care' how hot they are.

Advert

However, it quickly becomes apparent that this is not the case and that poor Scott has bitten off far more than he can chew.

In the video, the roadworker can be seen munching on the nuts before opening his mouth to show the contents have all been swallowed.

But as the seconds go by, Scott's face begins to turn a fairly bright shade of pink as the heat catches up with him.

Scott thought it would be a piece of cake. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
Scott thought it would be a piece of cake. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
Advert

As the agony intensifies, Scott starts hiccupping uncontrollably before bending over with his hands on his knees desperately trying to spit out the spice. Sadly for him, that's not how it works.

Eventually, as a last resort, Scott removes his hardhat and starts pouring water over his head, refusing to try any more of the spicy nuts.

A hilarious photograph shared by colleague Tom Varey, who filmed it all, shows Scott lay flat on his back after suffering from heartburn - 90 minutes later.

Speaking about the stunt, Tom, 37, from Leeds, said: "We couldn't stop laughing at him. He'd been so cocky about it beforehand, it served him right.

Advert

"One of the other lads had brought the peanuts in and I'd tried them in the morning. Only two but they'd already burned me. I love hot food like curries but these were too hot for me.

Scott was very, very mistaken. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
Scott was very, very mistaken. Credit: Kennedy News and Media

"He took the whole bag because he thought they were only a little sachet. I started laughing and said he wouldn't because they were just so hot.

"I checked with him before that he didn't have any heart issues because of how powerful they were.

Advert

"He said after they were the hottest thing he'd ever eaten. He really was struggling. It wasn't just the peanuts though, there was a load of powder in the bottom and he swallowed all of that one go.

"He had heartburn for the rest of the day. He was able to get back to work but every so often it'd hit him again. He even had to lie down on the pavement an hour and a half later."

But after having tried them himself and suffered, Tom admitted that he could understand why his mate was in so much pain."

He added: "My head was on fire from eating them. They're easily the hottest thing I've had, you could feel it burning your forehead."

Featured Image Credit: Kennedy News and Media

Topics: Prank, Food, Funny, Community

Dominic Smithers
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Floyd Mayweather Breaks Silence After Scuffle With YouTube Star Jake Paul

13 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

Channel 4 Cancels The Circle After Three Series

8 hours ago