Advert

Woman 'Scarred For Life' By Hotel Radiator 'Hot Enough To Fry An Egg'

Published 
| Last updated 

Woman 'Scarred For Life' By Hotel Radiator 'Hot Enough To Fry An Egg'

A woman has been left 'scarred for life' after burning herself on a hotel radiator that was 'hot enough to fry an egg on it'.

Briony Anne, from Doncaster, was just about to check out of her room at the Best Western Pastures Hotel in Mexborough when she clipped her back on the towel rail in her bathroom.

Speaking to Examiner Live about the 'split-second' incident, the 25-year-old said it was hot enough to 'cook an egg' and that she believes she has suffered second-degree burns as a result.

She said: "I bent down and pressed my back on the radiator by accident and it was a split second if that and it stung immediately, my skin stuck to it.

Advert
Credit: Examiner Live
Credit: Examiner Live

Briony claimed that she felt the radiator was simply too hot for a hotel room and that it posed a danger to young children.

She said: "I know if I put an egg on that it'd cook and a steak would sizzle if it touched it.

"It was beyond hot, it was scorching hot - it doesn't need to be that hot to dry towels.

Advert

"If a child grabbed hold of that it would bubble all their skin up, it's that hot it's ridiculous."

Briony, who has a designated Covid-19 hotel pass for work, said she can't even have a bath.

And despite having attempted to make a complaint to the hotel, she said no one was interested.

"Today I rang them up and was able to speak to them but they're just not interested to be honest," she said.

Advert

"She said she's shown the maintenance man a picture of my back - I don't know why the maintenance man needs to see that - and said he's checked the towel rail and it meets the manufacturer's specifications.

Credit: Examiner Live
Credit: Examiner Live

"I said the thing is, whether it meets them or not, that radiator has got to be going up to 200 degrees to burn my skin like that?

"It instantly burnt me, you can touch a radiator and hold your hand on it for a few seconds and it wouldn't burn you like that."

Advert

She said that she plans to go and see a doctor if the burn gets worse.

LADbible has reached out to Best Western for a comment.

In 2020, a mum-of-three said she had been left 'scarred for life' after she was struck in the face by a magic wand that she had bought for her son for Christmas.

Clarissa Clary, 44, bought her 16-year-old son Caine a 'Magic Staff' on eBay that starts off as a two inch wand, but springs to extend into a five foot long staff at the push of a button.

Advert

When she accidentally triggered the mechanism, the staff shot into her face and came within inches of blinding her.

Featured Image Credit: Examiner Live

Topics: Burn, Yorkshire, Health

Dominic Smithers
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Police Bust Largest Marijuana Plantation In Europe

a day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Woman Says She Can’t Stop Eating Her Dead Husband’s Ashes

14 hours ago