Woman Who Blasted Eminem Loudly Banned From Playing Music For Three Years
| Last updated
Eminem might be making a big comeback at the moment - Shady's back - but there's one poor sod who won't be able to enjoy the rapper's songs the way she always used to.
Thirty-nine-year-old Natasha King, who lives in Plymouth in south west England, would spend every night blasting Eminem's tunezzzz at full volume and has now been forbidden from playing banger after banger - at any time of day or night - for three years.
She was issued a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) by Plymouth magistrates, which restricts her from playing any type of music at a volume that can be heard from outside her house.
TAKE A LOOK AROUND EMINEM'S MANSION
And if she decides she just absolutely, positively must let her neighbours know that she can let rip with every single word to 'My Name Is' - although they're probably already aware of that - she could face a prison sentence of up to five years.
To be fair, it wasn't just Eminem that King would blast at all hours of the day - she was also a fan of other rappers, including 50 Cent and Stormzy, and rave music too.
A neighbour, who didn't want to be identified, told Devon Live that King's habit had kept her children up at night and that a number of other residents on the street were equally fed up.
She said that she wasn't actually informed about the ban, but had noticed the house in question had become noticeably more quiet in recent days. Probably more of a Simply Red chill vibe going on at the moment.
"I didn't realise," she told the newspaper. "I thought she was away. It was so quiet I assumed she wasn't there."
Noise offences can be notoriously difficult to clamp down on, and the court heard that King had previously failed to comply with a Community Protection Notice that had been issued three times prior, in April, May and June of 2017.
On January 2, she pleaded guilty to failing to comply with those notices and was issued with the ban.
According to barrister Amy Edinborough, who was representing the council, King's loud music had been causing distress to other residents for almost 12 years. It would surely have been easier to move?
Councillor Dave Downie, cabinet member for safer and stronger communities, said the court's decision was welcome.
"[I] am delighted that our team have pursued this course of action," he said. "This woman had several chances to settle this matter outside of court but we were not to be deterred and we have had a good result today.
"We are not afraid to prosecute those who cause distress to others and hope that this serves as a warning - causing others misery will not be tolerated."