Teens Warned About Viral TikTok 'Skullbreaker' Craze
Police in Spain have warned teens about a bizarre TikTok craze that could result in hospitalisation or even death.
Videos tagged with 'rompcráneos' - which translates to 'skullbreaker' in English - have been shared on social media, showing two youngsters knocking their pal off balance while jumping in the air.
Obviously, I don't need to tell you guys that something called 'skullbreaker' isn't a great idea, but a number of young and impressionable kids have already taken part in the viral stunt.
The weird craze has already put one boy in hospital in Venezuela, according to reports, and is now said to be spreading to Europe.
Police in the southern Spanish city of Granada tweeted to say: "This game is doing the rounds in some schools.
"We would like to warn our followers so they share this message with the aim of avoiding such dangerous practices, that can cause serious injuries to children."
The tweet has since been removed.
Commenting on the craze, one social media user said: "Warn your children, grandchildren and nephews and nieces about the new game that's doing the rounds. Broken skulls and severe brain damage can be some of the consequences."
The school in the clip has been named as Santo Tomas Aquino in Venezuela.
A tweet from the school read: "Recently a video showing some pupils from our school taking part in a game where they were supposedly endangering the safety of one of the boys, has gone viral on social media.
"The school insignia can clearly be seen in the video.
"That's why the pupils and their respective representatives were summonsed today to a meeting with school chiefs to initiate the corresponding procedures."
The school has also said it would ensure that 'relevant preventative and corrective measures' were taken over the incident, but it is yet to say what these measures might be.
The 'skullbreaker' trend follows on from other painful and dangerous viral crazes, such as the Tide Pod Challenge, in which kids ate highly poisoner washing tablets, and the Penny Challenge, which saw youngsters plugging in part of a charger before touching the exposed prong with a penny coin to create sparks.
The latter was recently slammed by fire station manager Michael Clusker, from Cumbria, who said: "The outcome from this is that someone will get seriously hurt."
Seriously guys, don't try any of this at home.
Featured Image Credit: Twitter
Topics: World News