You know that horrible dream where you think you've p****d yourself, and then you wake up and you've actually p****d yourself? Yeah, well that's basically what happened to a woman in the US, except instead of p*****g herself, she swallowed her engagement ring.
The 29-year-old was dreaming of a 'very sketchy situation involving a high speed train and bad guys' when her husband-to-be, Bob, advising that she swallow it for some reason - 'cause that is the only way to prevent something from being nicked.
But when Jenna woke up, she realised the ring wasn't on her finger, which is when she twigged she'd actually gone and swallowed the bloody thing. After breaking the news to Bob and 'laughing for an hour and a half' they then headed to the hospital, where they confirmed the ring was indeed in her belly.
But the laughs quickly fizzled out when it began to 'really hurt' Jenna, who had to sign a release and be put under for an upper endoscopy. Fortunately, they managed to retrieve the ring without any hitches and it is now back where it belongs on her finger - though Bob was reluctant to give it her initially.
Jenna's recounting of the tickling ordeal is as lengthy as it is amusing, so here's an abridged version of her post: "On Wednesday morning, I realised my ring was not on my hand and had to wake Bob Howell up and tell him that I swallowed my engagement ring. I don't think he believed me right away.
"We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying, googled 'do other adults swallow rings' because kids do it all the time, but apparently it's less common for adults.
"I went to urgent care where I struggled to explain why I was there, because I was laughing/crying so hard. The doctor ordered an X-ray and seemed pretty shocked when she walked back in with a second doctor and showed me that sure enough, my ring was right there in my stomach! They called a gastroenterologist and decided it would be best NOT to let nature take its course. (Thank God) Before I left, she recommended seeing a sleep specialist as well.
"Bobby took me to the GI doctor where I got to tell a whole new group of doctors and nurses that yes, I swallowed my engagement ring. At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous.
"They decided an upper endoscopy was just the thing and said don't worry its not big deal, but please sign this release form just in case you die. Then I cried a lot because I would be SO MAD if I died. I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I WILL marry Bobby Howell DAMNIT.
"Everything went great, they found my ring just beyond my stomach in my intestines, retrieved it and gave it to Bobby, not me.
"Bobby finally gave my ring back this morning - I promised not to swallow it again, we're still getting married and all is right in the world."
Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Jenna Evans
- Woman arrested after smuggling endangered spider monkey in box she said held beer
- Mum who waxed toddler’s eyebrows says she did it to stop her kid getting bullied
- Woman Who Climbed Into Zoo Enclosure To Feed Animals Cheetos Insists She Did Nothing Wrong
- Woman Mortified After Discovering Grim Past Of Her Marketplace Sofa