Advert

Latest

Jackass Star Steve-O Reveals His Ten Worst Stunt Injuries
published at3 hours ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Family Party Ends In Chaos After Relative Spikes Cake With Weed

Family Party Ends In Chaos After Relative Spikes Cake With Weed

Right, before we get stuck in to this story, it's never cool to drug your mates. In fact, it's never cool to drug anyone. You know why? Because sometimes 80-year-old women end up in hospital because you thought it was funny to sprinkle a load of pot on top of a cake.

Let me explain. An Australian prankster thought that he'd have a bit of a laugh by spiking a cake at a family birthday party with marijuana.

Sure, there might be some parties where that would be funny, but when loads of the guests at the party end up whiting out, vomiting uncontrollably, and being taken to hospital for 'overdose' then you've failed to read the room properly.

Advert

This event took place last weekend and was recounted to Aussie radio station 3AW by one of the guests.

A birthday cake, hopefully without a load of unexpected weed in it. Credit: PA
A birthday cake, hopefully without a load of unexpected weed in it. Credit: PA

Sheila - which isn't her real name, but it did happen in Australia - was one of the people who ended up needing medical attention. She said: "Everyone was having a lovely time and cake was passed around at dessert with fruit and cream and some nice little chocolate chunks sprinkled over it.

"It turns out the chocolate chunks contained marijuana."

Advert

Sheila, who is in her 50s, said that the culprit assumed that the addition of a load of weed to the chocolate birthday cake would 'liven up the family birthday party'.

It certainly did that.

She continued: "The effect was not immediate which I now know is the case with edibles.

"Within an hour I was experiencing throat swelling and dizziness, [and] within three hours myself and four other family members were hospitalised with overdose.

More Like This

1 of 6
Funeral Turns To Chaos After Woman Accidentally Brings Cake Laced With Weed
News

Funeral Turns To Chaos After Woman Accidentally Brings Cake Laced With Weed

Advert

"Apparently, I'm allergic to cannabis or whatever it was in that very high dose."

Jeez, that must have been scary. It can be bad enough if you know you've eaten it (or so I've heard).

So, Sheila was rushed off to hospital and treated for anaphylactic shock. Amongst the other people taken to hospital were Sheila's parents, who are both in their 80s.

Advert

Sheila added: "One was vomiting, the other had an extremely high heart rate.

"We were all terrified because we didn't know for some hours what was going on... People were passing out... [the hospital staff] would have been frustrated because we were all talking nonsense. Everyone who was at this event was calling one another and we didn't really know we were high."

Eventually, the prankster outed himself and explained what he'd done. Everyone was fine in the end, although Sheila and her husband were forced to take several days off work.

The police weren't involved and the prankster was dealt with separately by the family, which - when you think about it - is probably a worse punishment.

Advert

Which brings us back to the first point. Don't drug people, guys.

Seriously, don't.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: News, Drugs, weed, Australia, Health

Tom Wood

Tom Wood is a freelance journalist and LADbible contributor. He graduated from University of London with a BA in Philosophy before studying for a Masters in Journalism at the University of Salford. He has previously written for the M.E.N Group as well as working for several top professional sports clubs. Contact him on [email protected]