| Last updated
Satellite images could well have unveiled North Korea's secret weapon.
Former British Embassy worker Dr James Hoare has said that newly uncovered satellite images show a network of bunkers which hide secret military installations.
Tensions have been rising between North Korea and its southern neighbour. Earlier in the week Trump gave China an ultimatum to deal with the threat of North Korea or the US would have to take care of it.
Now Dr Hoare has warned that the country, controlled by Kim Jong-un, may be more prepared for war than we realise. He told the Daily Star: "You may know what is on the surface, and you may have suspicions about other places, but there is no guarantee any strike at its nuclear facilities would take it all out.
"Then you run the danger of provoking them without disarming them."
A number of North Korean defectors have allegedly helped America work out the locations of a number of the countries estimated 6,000-8,000 underground bases.
It's also believed that there are nearly 100 secret tunnels that go under the border with South Korea, designed to move infantry quickly should war ever break out in the region.
However, at least we can take solace in that fact that yesterday US and South Korean defence official said that an attempted missile launch by North Korea failed.
A South Korean defence official told CNN that the launch happened in Sinpo, a port city in eastern North Korea.
Apparently, this was the site of a ballistic missile test which took place earlier this month. It reportedly fell into the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea.
US Pacific Command said that it tracked a missile launch at around 5:30pm ET. US Navy Commander Dave Benham, quoted by Reuters, added that the missile blew up 'almost immediately'.
The South Korean defence ministry added: "North Korea attempted to test an unidentified type of missile from [its eastern port of] Sinpo," they then said that the launch on Sunday had "failed".
US Defense Secretary James Mattis said that Donald Trump was aware of the missile launch: "The President and his military team are aware of North Korea's most recent unsuccessful missile launch. The President has no further comment."
This comes after North Korea warned that they are 'ready for war' if the United States attacks the region and showed off 'long-distance' ballistic missiles at a major military display.
Choe Ryong-hae, who is believed to be the country's second most powerful official, said: "We're prepared to respond to an all-out war with an all-out war,
"We are ready to hit back with nuclear attacks of our own style against any nuclear attacks."
On Friday, China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi warned that 'conflict could break out at any moment'.
He added that if war occurred 'there could be no winner'.
Since President Trump took office in January, tensions between Pyongyang and Washington have reached an all time high. Trump isn't happy with the fact that China hasn't done more to stop North Korea's nuclear and missile programmes. This is why the US is now looking to step in.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read