‘Apex Legends’ Season 2, New Limited-Time Event Coming Next Week
In a new blog post, Respawn Entertainment has shared a small glimpse of what to expect in Apex Legends Season 2, ahead of its major EA Play livestream reveal on Saturday, 8 June. The post also details next week's new limited-timed mode.
Just keep in mind that, in regards to the game's new Season, details are still very few and far between - next week's broadcast will provide loads more information. But we can still take away a few notable features about the upcoming Season, including how players rank up their Battle Pass, and what rewards have been added to the premium track.
First up, you'll be able to level up much easier with new Daily and Weekly Challenges. Apex's first Battle Pass received criticism due to how long it took to reach the top tier, and the fact it was, well, largely boring. Now, progression should be much quicker, and Challenges will stick around even if you miss them.
The post reads: "If you miss a few weeks or start late, your Weekly Challenges will still be around for you when you return, and you can complete them all at once."
Additionally, Challenges won't "drastically warp the way you play the game". Instead, they've been implemented to "provide some interesting variation from game-to-game," and create the feeling of "rapid Battle Pass progression".
Respawn is also adding three Legendary items to the upcoming Battle Pass, bringing the total to five across the whole premium track. Also, the "level 100 reward will be an evolving weapon skin with a special recolour version for those players who make it to level 110."
Badges and basic stat trackers have been removed from the premium rewards track for Season 2, but players will still unlock a seasonal badge. It'll be a "single, evolving badge that won't take up any additional reward slots!"
Voice Lines have also been replaced with Crafting Metal rewards, so players can craft the Legendary item of their choosing. And, continues the post, "if there's an existing item you've been coveting, you'll be able to get it in Season 2."
Now, onto next week's limited-time event: Legendary Hunt. Starting Tuesday, 4 June, the two week-long hunt will shell out tons of new rewards, weapons and double xp. Here's everything on offer:
Apex Elite Queue
- Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.
- Here's the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5.
Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
- Complete a set of limited-time challenges and earn new Rare, Epic, and Legendary skins.
Double XP Weekend
- From Friday, June 7 through Monday, June 10, earn double XP on base progression and Battle Pass progression.
Battle Pass Bonus XP
- Finish Top 5 in any match and earn an entire Battle Pass level (once per day).
Legendary Hunt Store Skins
- Every three to four days during the event, we'll have new Legendary Hunt themed skins rotating through the in-game store for direct purchase.
Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
- Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
Featured Image Credit: EA/Respawn