Epic Games’ Latest Update Reagrding Playground Downtime
Fortnite fans were more than happy to welcome the new Playground mode into Battle Royale, but it didn't really go to plan.
It was pretty much pulled straight away due to matchmaking issues, and it has now stayed offline for a concerning amount of time.
Thankfully, Epic games have been keeping us in the loop with all the goings on, and here is one their more recent announcements: "We're continuing testing on our matchmaking improvements and are still aiming to open the Playground LTM as soon as we're confident in our improvements.
"Once we have confirmed that our testing was successful we will begin gradually rolling servers out to all regions and platforms until it's available to all players."
Their last system update was at 5pm today, but they're 'continuing to test improvements that are needed to enable the Playground LTM'.
We're continuing to test improvements that are needed to enable the Playground LTM. We'll have another update shortly.
- Fortnite (@FortniteGame) June 29, 2018
On Twitter, Epic said they would 'have another update shortly', so stay tuned to find out when the long awaited game mode will be back in Fortnite.
Here are all the features of the new Playground mode:
- One hour to create, play and train as you wish
- A squad of up to 4 friends
- Friendly Fire on
- Respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn't start closing in for 55 minutes, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate
- 100 Llamas will be spawned
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100 percent of the time
Featured Image Credit: Epic Games