Aliens Have Invaded Red Dead Redemption 2, Here's How To Activate Their UFO
Rockstar Games has shown, throughout its entire history and library of games, that it loves a good Easter egg (an intentional inside joke, hidden message/image, or secret feature - not chocolate).
It was plain obvious that 60 hours worth of Red Dead Redemption 2 campaign would uncover a wealth of hidden objects, mysterious sightings, or comical references, and it's not taken long for you Tinhats to find a down-right outrageous Easter egg.
Similar to GTA V, it appears alien life really does exist - they've taken a spaceship for a ride through 1899, and they're particularly interested in you.
Now, unlike Mount Chiliad and other GTA V UFO sightings, which are quite plain and less interactive, Arthur Morgan's extraterrestrial encounter is much more interesting.
Plus, you don't need 100% completion to activate it (yes, we know the crashed UFO on GTA V's seabed doesn't either, but it can't fly - so we ain't counting it). All you have to do is this:
- Head to a small shack next to a pond, found between the 'N' and 'O' of New Hanover on your map (just above Emerald Ranch)
- Once you get there, you'll be greeted by a bunch of skeletons and shrines - something seriously weird happened here. Proceed to the main desk near the fireplace, and pick up the mysterious note. It says:
More Like This
AT THE SECOND HOUR UNDER THE HALF MOON, BY THE GREAT LOVE AND GRACE OF OUR SAVIOR, KUHKOWABA, VOYAGER OF TIME AND GALAXIES. WE CAST OFF OUR MORTAL SHELLS SO HIS VESSEL CAN TAKE OUR SPIRITS TO THE PROMISED REALM, TO LIVE IN PEACE AND POWER UNTIL THE TWO THOUSANDTH YEAR, WHEN WE WILL RETURN FOR A NEW CHOSEN AND WORSHIP ONCE AGAIN AT THE PEAK OF MOUNT SHANN. IN HIS LOVE, WE REJOICE ALWAYS.
- As the creepy note says, you need to visit Mount Shann, which is located under the big 'S' of West Elizabeth (North West of Strawberry)
- When you're there, hike/ride up the mountain and find its rock circle. Circle it, pull up your map, and place a marker on the shack. Yep, you're going back there
- Make sure it's dark, camp if you need to, then head inside. Almost immediately, an eerie bright emerald light should shine through the broken ceiling, beaming directly from a UFO. If you're quick, you can watch it zoom off once you run outside
And that's about it, but I've got a few questions. First up, what did the aliens want? Second, did the cultists ever see the UFO or did they die trying? Lastly, is there more to this Easter egg?
Hopefully there is, especially when you consider how devoted the GTA community was in solving the Mount Chiliad conspiracy - which has never truly found a conclusion.
Aliens aside, I honestly can't wait to see what Red Dead 2 players uncover in the coming weeks, possibly even years. The UFO has got to be one of the coolest Easter eggs in the game, but in its essence - it was quite easy. Knowing Rockstar, they're only going to get more intense - we're talking about you, 1-999-367-3767 (three years to find). Ring that number in GTA V, I dare you.
What do you think about this news? Did you find it already? What could it mean? Have you seen any more? Let us know on Twitter.
Featured Image Credit: Rockstar Games