Loads Of Old And Remastered Games' Prices Slashed On PlayStation
Sony's running a massive retro sale right now that sees old and remastered games discounted. Sony says that discounts are up to 50% but there's actually even bigger reductions on some games. Looking through the listings I'm seeing some games that are 75% off and more. Bioshock: The Collection, for instance, is down to $14.99 from $59.99. Though, Bioshock being considered retro is giving me a creeping sensation that could well be an early onset mid-life crisis.
You can read through the full list of reduced games over on the PlayStation blog, or head to the PS Store and have a browse for yourself, but I've picked out some of the best games on sale below if you'd like something a little more curated.
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - $15.99
- Dark Souls Remastered - $23.99
- Destroy All Humans! - $3.99
- Destroy All Humans! 2 - $3.99
- Fez - $3.24
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - $8.99
- Mark Of The Ninja: Remastered - $9.99
- Spyro + Crash Remastered Game Bundle - $41.24
Oh, and if you're tempted by the Devil May Cry HD Collection, it's actually cheaper if you buy it with the 4SE Bundle.
Meanwhile, on PS3 you can get games like:
- Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain (psone Classic) - $1.19
- Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver (psone Classic) - $1.19
- Resident Evil 2 (psone Classic) - $3.59
I realise these recommendations reveal me to just be a massive Legacy of Kain fan, but I'm unapologetic on that front. Those games were fantastic and it's a crime - a crime! - that we've not seen them get a remaster, remake, or sequel in all these years.
It's a shame, too, that the Resident Evil 2 remake released earlier this year hasn't been discounted at all. The Shadow of the Colossus remake didn't get in on this sale, either. Both games were literally made for this sort of thing.
The sale is running until July 23 so do take a look around what's on offer before then.
Featured Image Credit: Activision