Some Of The More Interesting Features From Fortnite’s New Update
Epic Games love to update Fortnite and the game has been in downtime today for the new V4.5 Patch.
The downtime has now ended but it's reported there are long queues, so why not have a read about some of the new things coming to the Battle Royale mode whilst you wait.
- New Epic and Legendary Dual Pistols - "Experience two times the fun and firepower"
- Grenade launchers will now explode fireworks to celebrate summer
- Shotgun damage to structures has been reduced by 50% for Pump Shotgun, and 25% for both Tactical Shotgun and Heavy Shotgun
- Shotgun ammo now drops in stacks of 4 instead of 5
- Explosions now damage all structures within range
- One hour to create, play and train as you wish
- A squad of up to 4 friends
- Friendly Fire on
- Respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn't start closing in for 55 minutes, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate
- 100 Llamas will be spawned
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time
Final Fight Team Of 12
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the storm circles closing all the way in, they stop part way through
- When the circles have finished closing in, the Final Countdown timer will begin
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match
- Elimination quests will now be completed if you down an enemy with the required weapon rather than eliminating them with it
- Blocks that are removed while in edit mode are now opaque rather than clear. Blue, white, and red colours still indicate build status - adjusted to limit player's ability to peek through structures while editing.
- Walls will now try to build at a closer location when placement is blocked due to lack of structural support
- Pickaxes will no longer hit the Shopping Cart if you are riding as the passenger
- Auto-open doors no longer functions and Shopping Carts can't be entered while in the Down-But-Not-Out state
- Improvements made to the auto pickup weapons
- Changes to enemy building audio - Increased volume of enemy building audio & increased range of enemy building audio by 2 building tiles
- Added variation to water footsteps on mobile and Nintendo Switch platforms
- Minimap now draws the whole map and bus paths instead of nothing when on the Starter Island
- Existing map markers are removed when landing after jumping from the Battle Bus
- Custom voice chat output devices can be selected on PC
- Removed damage numbers from Shopping Carts and added a health bar
- HUD Elimination and Down-But-Not-Out notifications have received updated animations
Art & Animation
- The cape on the Battlehound* Outfit is now available as Back Bling
- Added capes to the Ventura* and Venturion* Outfit
This isn't everything the long list of patch notes, which included tons of bug fixes, and we only highlighted some of the more important new features Click here if you want to see the full list.
Featured Image Credit: Epic Games