It's no secret Conor McGregor and KhabibNurmagomedov aren't the best of mates following a rather heated and public confrontation in April which led to the Irishman being arrested and charged by police.
But it seems as though the two will be able to put the smack talk aside and actually throw down in the octagon.
Just days after it was reported that UFC wanted a mini-tournament which would feature some of the biggest names in the business, including McGregor and Khabib, president Dana White has confirmed that the Irishman is next for Nurmagomedov.
In his press conference after UFC 225, White once again stated that the fight everybody wants to see, is happening:
McGregor, backed up by his rowdy entourage, threw a dolly through the window of a bus carrying a bunch of UFC fighters in April at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
It injured Michael Chiesa in the process, who's since withdrawn from his UFC 223 bout, following the cut he sustained in the crossfire.
What set the Irishman off is still largely a mystery, but it was reported that it was because Khabib cornered his friend, Artem Lobov, asking: "Where's Conor?"
MMA Fighting journalist, Ariel Helwani, tweeted: "As for why this happened today, I'm told from multiple sources with knowledge that the motive was 'retaliation' after Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team confronted Artem Lobov, one of Conor McGregor's teammates and best friends, earlier this week."
UFC held a press conference a day after the bus mayhem, promoting Saturday's card and it's future fights.
In fact, Nurmagomedov was in attendance and he later gave his thoughts on the new match-up (vs. Al Iaquinta) as well as McGregor.
"To be honest, I hope he is going to fix his problems," he said.
"And me and him will have to fix our problem. Inside the cage or outside, it doesn't matter. We have to fix this. Thank you."Featured Image Credit: PA