Borat's Daughter Got In White House And Within Metres Of Donald Trump
| Last updated
Borat's daughter got within metres of Donald Trump and gained access to the White House during the making of Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. You can watch footage from her seemingly straight-forward infiltrations here:
In the video shared on Twitter by Borat - who is of course played by Sacha Baron Cohen - his daughter Tutar (Maria Bakalova) can be seen stood in front of Trump clapping as he gives a speech, while other clips show her moseying around the White House on 20 September.
She can also be seen chatting with Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr., who said it was 'good to meet' her.
Narrating the video, Borat claims his daughter got into the White House with far-right news network One America News Network (OAN) and its controversial correspondent Chanel Rion.
He also said she didn't have to pass any security checks or a Covid-19 test.
Captioning the video, Borat said: "Trump very careful who he let into his events and house. No Covid test necessary - High 5!"
As demonstrated in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (to give it its full title), Baron Cohen and Bakalova are masters of gate-crashing and disguise; however, the latest footage raises further questions about the security surrounding the President.
Last Friday (16 October), a Dutch researcher claims he was able to access Trump's Twitter account by guessing his password.
Victor Gevers, a security expert, said he was able to access his direct messages, change his profile and post tweets in his name, after his fifth guess proved to be correct.
Gevers subsequently took screenshots which he shared with Dutch newspaper de Volkskrant.
He told the publication: "I expected to be blocked after four failed attempts. Or at least would be asked to provide additional information."
But with such huge power in his hands, Gevers said he did nothing more than email Trump - using an account of the President's he had previously acquired - advising him to enable two-step verification and suggesting he use a stronger password, such as '!IWillMakeAmericaGreatAgain2020!'.
Twitter has since rejected the alleged hack, stating there is no evidence to support Gevers' claim.
A spokesperson said in a statement: "We've seen no evidence to corroborate this claim, including from the article published in the Netherlands today.
"We proactively implemented account security measures for a designated group of high-profile, election-related Twitter accounts in the United States, including federal branches of government."
White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere also dismissed the claim, telling Forbes: "This is absolutely not true but we don't comment on security procedures around the President's social media accounts."