• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Dog Owners Urged To Stay Alert After Sausage Found Laced With Pills

Jess Hardiman

Published 
| Last updated 

Dog Owners Urged To Stay Alert After Sausage Found Laced With Pills

Dog owners are being urged to remain vigilant as they walk their pets after a sausage stuffed with blue pills was found on a street in Glasgow

The mysterious item was found by a dog walker in Bishopbriggs, who felt ‘angry’ and ‘sick’ after making the discovery. 

The sausage appeared to have been sliced open so that it could be filled with mysterious blue-coloured pills, before being re-shaped using cocktail sticks to hold everything in place. 

Sharing a photo on Twitter, the ‘worried’ dog owner explained: “This was outside home on pavement, luckily someone find it. Police be coming to talk to everyone in street.” 

They added: “This was in Bishopbriggs, Glasgow G64 postcode. Anyone in area keep sharp eyes and dogs on leash, best to stay as safe as possible. 

“Sausage, cut open with blue pellets or pills stuffed in and cocktail sticks to hold it together so they didn’t all spill out.” 

The owner said the pills ‘smelled of detergent’, saying a number of residents checked the rest of the street but only found the one sausage. 

LADbible has reached out to Police Scotland for comment. 

The RSPCA has previously warned of similar incidents, including blue pills found to be inserted into the meat of sausage rolls left in a car park in Prestatyn, Wales. 

At the time, the charity tweeted: “We’re deeply concerned to have received reports of sausage rolls left in a bag with blue pills shoved into the meat, in a #Prestatyn car park.” 

The RSPCA said there were ‘concerns from the local community that these were being used to target gulls’. 

While it said it had not yet received any reports of animals being harmed by the pills, the charity was ‘alarmed’ by the incident. 

It also urged dog walkers to be ‘vigilant’ and ‘on the look-out for anything suspicious like these bags of laced sausage rolls’. 

Advice on the RSPCA website says that anyone worried their dog may have been poisoned should simply remove their pet from the source of poison and contact their vet immediately - telling them 'when, where and how the poisoning occurred'.

"If appropriate, take the packaging, plant or substance to the vet," it continues, adding that owners should not expose themselves to any harm.

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@JackRussellBro2

Topics: UK News, Animals, Dogs

Jess Hardiman
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

People are sharing their horrifying experiences of clumps hatching in their Christmas trees

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Netflix's new disaster movie with perfect Rotten Tomatoes score is being called 'next Godzilla'

2 hours ago