ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Illegal Ravers Clean Up Entire Site After Hundreds Party For Three Days Straight
Home>News
Updated 20:25 6 Jun 2022 GMT+1Published 16:13 6 Jun 2022 GMT+1

Illegal Ravers Clean Up Entire Site After Hundreds Party For Three Days Straight

The site in Cornwall was taken over on Friday, leading to complains from concerned locals

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

An illegal rave in Cornwall left locals concerned that the site would be a tip come the end of the weekend - but a post on social media has shown how some attendees stayed behind to help clean up the area.

Partygoers first descended upon Davidstow Moor on Friday, ahead of what eventually morphed into a three-day rave over the Platinum Jubilee weekend.

According to the BBC, several hundred people are believed to have attended, with many having been turned away by police before they could arrive at the makeshift campsite.

The rave site from above on Sunday.
BBC

Advert

Devon and Cornwall Police informed the BBC that action was set to be taken against event organisers, stating on Monday: "I would like to reassure the local communities and wider public that we are taking this matter seriously and where appropriate, we will seek to take action against those attending and running the event."

One of the biggest concerns local Cornish residents cited was the mess that would be left behind by the revellers after everyone had left.

However, these fears have been allayed somewhat by a Facebook post, which shows the cleanup effort that is being made by some of the ravers.

User Tony C Steed posted several pictures of the rubbish collection effort, with the caption: "For all the locals saying the rave at Davidstow have left all the rubbish behind, I've got livestock in the vicinity and have had no problems at all.

"And there refusing to leave until they have picked all the litter up ,and I've found them all good people."

It looks like the rubbish left over from the illegal rave has been cleared up.
Facebook/Tony C Steed

Responding to a comment, Tony confirmed that the clean-up was finished on Monday, which will hopefully allow the local community to return to normality once again.

The BBC quoted local residents over the weekend who had already had enough of the noise generated from the temporary rave set-up.

Colin Caudery, who lives nearby, said he had been kept up all night by the booming speakers.

"Drunkards from Scotland, Liverpool, Brighton, London, everywhere, it's just been total chaos," he told the BBC.

The clean up was allegedly finished on Monday.
Facebook/Tony C Steed

It also led to increased travel disruption in the region, on what was already a busy weekend for Cornwall - with families around the country heading down to the seaside for the bank holiday.

A police cordon was set up around the perimeter on Sunday to try and keep people away from the site - but it only served to increase traffic on the surrounding roads. However, as of Tuesday the area now appears to be cleared following the four-day weekend.

Featured Image Credit: Adrian Jasper/Tony C Steed

Topics: UK News, Crime, Travel

Tom Fenton
Tom Fenton

Recommended reads

Dodgy Fire Stick users are being identified and given two week legal action warningMichael Nagle/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesKatie Price responds to claims 'missing' husband Lee Andrews has been 'online'Instagram/Katie PriceEmbarrassing moment Elon Musk's Tesla cybertruck tries new 'wade mode' in lakeGrapevine PoliceThailand tourism crackdown has new UK visa rule months after cannabis law changeDaniel Ceng/Anadolu via Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Grapevine Police
    2 hours ago

    Embarrassing moment Elon Musk's Tesla cybertruck tries new 'wade mode' in lake

    A man has been arrested after being accused of intentionally driving a cybertruck into a lake

    News
  • FIND KIELY
    4 hours ago

    YouTuber ordered to pay $17.5 million to dad of teenager after spreading lie about her death

    A jury reached the verdict that the YouTuber should have to pay millions

    News
  • MIKE PERSSON / AFP via Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Two 'people hunters' under investigation over alleged sniper safaris that killed women and children

    Several journalists have now dropped bombshell claims about the alleged war crimes

    News
  • Charlotte Coney/Getty Images
    6 hours ago

    Father pays heartbreaking tribute as three sisters identified in Brighton beach tragedy

    The women's bodies were recovered from the water last week

    News

    breaking

  • Last known footage of mum missing for three days in UK as police ‘increasingly concerned’
  • Update after tourist got beat up for throwing rock at beloved seal
  • Model left with broken spine and legs after ‘Dubai Porta Potty party’ says attackers left chilling note
  • Police confirm mass stabbing on train linked to three other incidents days before