ladbible homepage
ladbible homepage
  • Home
  • News
    • UK
    • US
    • World
    • Ireland
    • Australia
    • Science
    • Crime
    • Weather
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • TV
    • Film
    • Music
    • Gaming
    • Netflix
    • Disney
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • Originals
    • FFS PRODUCTIONS
    • Say Maaate to a Mate
    • Daily Ladness
    • UOKM8?
    • FreeToBe
    • Citizen Reef
  • Videos
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man arrested after egg 'thrown in direction' of King during walkabout
Home>News
Updated 14:57 6 Dec 2022 GMTPublished 14:36 6 Dec 2022 GMT

breaking

Man arrested after egg 'thrown in direction' of King during walkabout

A man in his 20s has been arrested

Anish Vij

Anish Vij

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

A man in his 20s has been arrested after an egg was reportedly 'thrown in the direction' of King Charles III during his walkabout.

The suspect is arrested on suspicion of common assault, Bedfordshire Police have said.

He was arrested in St George’s Square in Luton on Tuesday and is currently in custody for questioning.

Security staff ushered the King away from crowds outside Luton Town Hall shortly after arriving.

Advert

King Charles later resumed shaking hands with members of the public and was moved to a different area.

King Charles III met airport staff during a visit to Luton Airport.
PA

A similar incident occurred earlier this year when student Patrick Thelwell, 23, pelted eggs at The King and Queen Consort.

The Royal couple managed to narrowly miss getting egged.

At the time, North Yorkshire Police said: "Here is an update following an arrest during yesterday’s Royal Visit.

"Yesterday, we arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of a public order offence during the Royal visit.

"The man has been interviewed and released on police bail.

"He was detained following an incident which occurred as King Charles III and the Queen Consort arrived at Micklegate Bar in York yesterday."

PA

Thelwell also exclusively told The Mirror: "I was let out at 10pm so it wasn’t that bad, really. My friends were waiting for me. My solicitor was very good.

"After I was arrested, the experience of that crowd - literally screaming and wailing with pure rage. Saying that my head should be on a spike, that I should be murdered on the spot.

"It doesn't phase me because I understand what fascism is, what it looks like.

"People were ripping chunks of my hair out, they were spitting at me. People lost their minds.

"It's just so revealing to see when you challenge someone’s beliefs in that way, the belief of the superiority of this man’s blood."

Explaining why he did what he did, the 23-year-old said: "I did what I did because I don't believe in kings. I believe in the equality of all people."

He added: "I believe in democracy and solidarity with all the world's people who are suffering right now in large part because of conditions created by the British state.

“The United Kingdom as a whole, needs to be abolished, dissolved and its assets given as reparations to help the world and build resilience to the climate breakout that we have caused.

"It's time for the people of the world to unite and have the revolution that we desperately need to survive."

Featured Image Credit: Yorkshire Pics / Alamy Stock Photo / GRANT ROONEY PREMIUM / Alamy Stock Photo

Topics: King Charles III, Royal Family

Anish Vij
Anish Vij

Anish is a Journalist at LADbible Group and is a GG2 Young Journalist of the Year 2025. He has a Master's degree in Multimedia Journalism and a Bachelor's degree in International Business Management. Apart from that, his life revolves around the ‘Four F’s’ - family, friends, football and food. Email: [email protected]

X

@Anish_Vij

Recommended reads

UK drivers face £5,000 fine in heatwave for failing to make simple checkAlex Segre/UCG/Universal Images Group via Getty ImagesFosters, Coors and Carlsberg have all become weaker and you're not imagining itEduardo Parra/Europa Press via Getty ImagesHow the Mackenzie Shirilla doc could impact her bid for freedom legallyNetflixBryan Johnson's 'TMI' update as he checks partner Kate Tolo's '1% vagina' for underdiagnosed conditionBridget Bennett/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Alex Segre/UCG/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    UK drivers face £5,000 fine in heatwave for failing to make simple check

    The hot weather brings with it a very specific rule for drivers

    News
  • Bridget Bennett/Bloomberg via Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Bryan Johnson's 'TMI' update as he checks partner Kate Tolo's '1% vagina' for underdiagnosed condition

    People are admitting they may have to stop 'making fun' of Johnson as he 'could do more for women's health than 100 years of research'

    News
  • Jonathan Wong/South China Morning Post via Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    ‘First British victim’ dies after frog poison detox

    A cause of death has yet to be formally established

    News
  • Mohamed Hossam/Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk retains heavyweight title with controversial 11th-round call

    Fans are reportedly furious with the decision

    News
  • Rod Stewart takes on Donald Trump with 'ratbag' comment to King Charles
  • King Charles makes health admission over cancer battle during US state visit
  • King Charles breaks major royal protocol to give Kate Middleton new power
  • King Charles issues plea to public in emotional tribute to Queen Elizabeth