To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Calls are growing for China to allow researchers unfettered access to continue their investigation into the origins of the coronavirus.
A team has been looking into where Covid-19 came from for months after the country finally let the international delegation in.
However, while the theory that the virus was made in a laboratory was passed off as a conspiracy, it's now believed to be 'feasible'.
That's according to a report in The Sunday Times, where British intelligence is giving more thought to the idea that coronavirus was man-made.
Experts called the theory 'remote' when the pandemic started, however have changed their thinking to 'feasible'.
A western intelligence source told the UK newspaper: "There might be pockets of evidence that take us one way and evidence that takes us another way. The Chinese will lie either way. I don't think we will ever know."
It comes after Joe Biden asked US intelligence to look into the theory again and come back with a report within 90 days.
Interestingly, Facebook has also backflipped. The social media company announced last year it would take down any posts that said Covid-19 was man-made during its campaign to crackdown on pandemic misinformation.
However, it's recently changed its position and told CNN Business: "In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of Covid-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that Covid-19 is man-made from our apps."
The Wuhan Institute of Virology was only a tiny distance from where the first Covid-19 cases were found back in December.
However, a report from The Wall Street Journal found scientists had fallen sick with an unknown illness a few weeks before the first official cases. That claim hasn't yet confirmed whether it was Covid-19-related.
UK Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi told Sky News: "I think it's really important that the WHO is allowed to conduct its investigation unencumbered into the origins of this pandemic and that we should leave no stone unturned to understand why - not only because of the current pandemic that has swept the world but also for future-proofing the world's capability to deal with pandemics."
Chairman of the foreign affairs select committee, Tom Tugendhat, added: "The silence coming from Wuhan is troubling. We need to open the crypt and see what happened to be able to protect ourselves in the future. That means starting an investigation, along with partners around the world and in the WHO."
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read