Advert

Donald Trump Is Suing Facebook, Google and Twitter On Behalf Of Victims Of ‘Cancel Culture’

Published 

Donald Trump Is Suing Facebook, Google and Twitter On Behalf Of Victims Of ‘Cancel Culture’

Donald Trump has launched a massive lawsuit against the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Google.

The former US President was booted off the first two for being accused of inciting his diehard supporters to launch an insurrection on the Capitol building on January 6.

The social media companies were also concerned his words following that day would only continue to stoke violence. As a result, his massive accounts were blocked, along with those on Snapchat, Pintrest, Twitch, Instagram and others.

But Donald Trump's lawsuit isn't just for himself.

Advert
Credit: PA
Credit: PA

He said he is suing the tech companies on behalf of all the victims of 'cancel culture' in the hope others who have been kicked off will get their justice.

According to Axios, Trump wants the 'immediate injunctive relief to allow the prompt restoration his social media accounts' as well as punitive damages for Facebook's, Twitter's and Google's actions against him.

He hopes the lawsuit will usher in an 'immediate halt to social media companies' illegal, shameful censorship of the American people'.

Advert

"We're demanding an end to the shadow banning, a stop to the silencing and a stop to the blacklisting, banishing and canceling that you know so well," he said during a press conference.

He accused the tech companies of behaving like 'state actors' for violating Trump's First Amendment right.

Facebook recently upheld the ban that was mandated earlier this year after the company's Oversight Board looked into whether it should be made permanent.

The company wrote in a statement: "We know today's decision will be criticised by many people on opposing sides of the political divide - but our job is to make a decision in as proportionate, fair and transparent a way as possible, in keeping with the instruction given to us by the Oversight Board."

Advert

Twitter's Jack Dorsey has also been forced to defend his company's decision to permanently ban the former commander-in-chief.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA

He wrote: "I believe this was the right decision for Twitter. We faced an extraordinary and untenable circumstance, forcing us to focus all of our actions on public safety. Offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real, and what drives our policy and enforcement above all."

Trump was understandably furious at his bans being upheld after several months of sitting in the virtual time-out room.

Advert

When both judgements were handed down, Trump said: "They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this censoring and silencing, and ultimately, we will win. Our country can't take this abuse anymore.

"What Facebook, Twitter, and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our country.

"Free Speech has been taken away from the President of the United States because the Radical Left Lunatics are afraid of the truth, but the truth will come out anyway, bigger and stronger than ever before,' he wrote on a make-shift blog in lieu of a proper platform, which has since been shut down."

Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: News, Social Media, Donald Trump

Stewart Perrie
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

New Omicron Covid Variant Is Under Investigation

2 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Music Legend Meat Loaf Has Died Aged 74

9 hours ago